Monday, April 23, 2012

what hotel for a single mature woman? Feedback

I went then to the Premiere Hotel. It is right next door to the St Tropez, very secluded... and as sad. I talked to nobody!

The rooms are spacious but very very basic, the kitchen, bathroom, windows, A/C have not been renovated for at least a century or two! It is far enough from the street to be quiet. Anyway, the AC was so noisy that it went on top of everything else. I couldn%26#39;t sleep with it turned on. Lucky me I am always cold!!!

The owners though are very nice and helpful (the only persons I talked to for 4 days!). As you said, to meet someone is a matter of luck... no luck for me. And it is difficult to join a group of people.

There is no point in recommending it or not, they are about to blow it up and rebuild a luxurious-10 story-boutique hotel. It will probably be nice, but still as secluded!

Anyway, although it rained almost all the time, I enjoyed my birthday. I took the sun trolley, that stopped in front of the hotel, then the water-taxi all the way round. Dreaming.... They give some kind of gift certificate so I went for a free cocktail to the Blue Martini. I thought I deserved to treat myself that day!!! I don%26#39;t know what they put in it, I couldn%26#39;t get up after drinking, like if I had been drugged :(. So I had only one option: go to bed!!!

Someone had suggested me to go to the restaurant (I forgot the name) at the end of the water taxi route, but the hotel owner told me I would better go to las Olas, at the Cheese Cake restaurant. More alive. I went there next day (still raining!!!) I didn%26#39;t find the jazz club. the restaurant was good, but packed.

I had no time to check on the other hotels, but all in all the Ramada Hollywood (whose prices were much cheaper at that time) was better as surrounded by shops and small restaurants. And directly on the beach.

Thanks again to all. I hope that will help to update your info.

what hotel for a single mature woman? Feedback

Alwynna: Sorry about your experience not being what you

wanted. It was very generous of you to provide closure

on the issues and questions raised earlier. Maybe you could get a grant and write a travel book with your original questions and then

report findings for several different hotels in a variety of locations. Best seller, Oprah, or CNN?

what hotel for a single mature woman? Feedback

Sorry you didn%26#39;t have a good time in Fort Lauderdale. I think that unfortunately summer is low season and probably a bit short on tourists. I%26#39;m surprised that you didn%26#39;t manage to strike up a conversation with anyone in bars or restaurants. We usually find that who ever sits next to us at a bar starts chatting to us. I sympathise with you regarding the rain, we visited Fort Lauderdale and Key West last July and it bucketed it down. Glad you enjoyed your birthday though. Interesting to know that the Premiere will not be there much longer.

Good luck for the future and thanks for letting us know how you went on.

  • white makeup
  • what is web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment