Monday, April 23, 2012

Quirkiest Things

I have two questions for everyone:





1. What is the quirkiest thing you have ever SEEN in Key West?





2. What is the quirkiest thing you have ever DONE in Key West?





My #2 would get deleted due to the nature of its contents, so I will have to think of something else that would be appropriate.





Steve in Houston



Quirkiest Things


The quirkest thing I have seen is the ';silver man'; riding his bike on his way to work. This is the guy that is painted silver from head to toe





Can%26#39;t really say I have ever done anything quirky in Key West.



Quirkiest Things


It has to be Dominique and his flying cats...';Happy nine lives and GO BACK TO YOUR SEATS';




I loved the guy who had an iguana with a red bandana around its neck. He used to hang out at Billies (now gone) on Front Street and let folks ';pet'; the iguana.





Also loved the guy who rode his bike around town with a little dog wrapped around his shoulders with paws on his neck.





Those are the first two things that come to mind...outside of FF, where everything goes.





Can%26#39;t think of anything particularly quirky I%26#39;ve done - at least not in Key West.




I bought the Silver Man a drink once on his break from standing still at the Docks. He came over to El Meson de Pepe and sat down next to me. I bought him a drink and we chatted about being a performer in Key West. He drank the beer through a straw so as not to mess up his make up.





(this doesn%26#39;t count as a reply)





Pjk




I saw the guy the had a dog.......and on his back........was a cat......and on his back........was a mouse. We took a picture and no one believes us until we show them.




1. Fantasy Fest





2. Fantasy Fest!




cardinal - that%26#39;s hysterical! Wish I%26#39;d have seen it...




1. I once say a guy pulling a dog on boogie board through the water while I was sitting at the After Deck. I have a pic of it in my profile.





2. hhmmm...




Being a dog lover, I always notice the dog stuff too. We once saw someone throwing a frisbee into the water (in the area to the right just before you reach the pier bar/restaurant at the Ocean Key Resort). This was a beautiful dog, and when his master flung the frisbee a long way into the water, the dog ';dived'; in, raced to it, fetched it, and brought it back in to the area where the jet skis lived. We watched that dog for at least 30 minutes until WE were exhausted. Wonderful, energetic dog, fun owner.




EZ cool pic of the dog

No comments:

Post a Comment