Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Horizons,Grand Vista,or Cypress Habour????

We are going in Sept. and these are all available as timeshare exchanges.There will only be one kid (8yrs.) and 4 or 6 adults.I am leaning towards Cypress,but would like some advise.Also,are all of these resorts around the same location?How close/far from M.K.?Any advise/tips/experiences would be welcome.Thanks in advance.



Horizons,Grand Vista,or Cypress Habour????


The Horizons look real good when I come in August I%26#39;m gonna go check it out for next year.



Horizons,Grand Vista,or Cypress Habour????


I stayed at the Grande Vista and loved it. See my report under hotels.




You could pick any of those resorts out of a hat and they would be perfectly fine. If I were you, I%26#39;d choose the biggest unit that you can get.





Grand Vista and Cypress Harbor are right across the street from one another and both are in great shape. I%26#39;ve never been to Horizons but have heard all positive news on it.





All of these resorts are within driving distance to Disney (10-15 minutes). Grand Vista and Cypress are right next to Sea World.




We were at Grand Vista 2 years ago-loved it!! It is very big and spread out, so if you want to be near the main pool area, I suggest you call and try to request an area, if not you%26#39;ll have a long hike to the main area-Absolutely a gorgous resort! We%26#39;re going to Horizons 4 weeks from this Friday (but whose counting??!!). As the previouis post said, excellent reviews, but I believe Horizons is smaller than Grand vista-again, I don%26#39;t think you can wrong with any of them.




We have stayed at Cypress Harbour a few times (we%26#39;re pretty frequent orlando visitors haha) and each time it%26#39;s been great. The most recent time was April 2006. There was some construction, but the parts of the resort where the construction was going on were closed, so nobody was staying close enough to be bothered by it. The resort has a little lagoon/lake thing in the middle of it and there is a boat you can take around the water. There are activities to keep you busy on days when you aren%26#39;t at the parks, when I was younger my mom and I painted some pottery and placemats.





The villas are good sized. Each time that we have stayed there this has been the overall layout: When you first enter, there is a little entryway and a mini-laundry room off to the side. Walk in a little further and there is the ';2nd'; bedroom - it has one bed (I%26#39;m not sure if its double or queen?) and also a pull out sofa IN that bedroom. Right past that bedroom is the ';2nd'; bathroom - this is the bathroom that goes along with the bedroom thats right there, but also can be considered as the one off of the living room area too... After this bedroom and bathroom, there is a nice sized kitchen with a counter and stools leading to the %26#39;dining%26#39; area. In the dining area there is a table that will easily fit 5-7 people. The dining area and the living area sort of combine together to form a large %26#39;common area%26#39;. The living area has one couch and two chairs. THe couch is a pull-out. (This was usually my bed, and it isn%26#39;t too bad as far as pull-outs go - not wonderful, obviously, but being the youngest in my family, i%26#39;ve slept on worse). Off of the living area there is a beautiful screened in porch with a fan, light, and dining table. Depending on the temps and humidity its nice to eat breakfast out here before you go! At the end of the living area, there is a master suite with a king bed, big whirlpool tub, ample closet space, and separate shower. This is a huuge room. My parents own a few timeshares and this is one of the biggest (or at least it seems that way) master suites that i%26#39;ve seen.





When we went last year, it was my parents (who are in their 60s), my sister (31), my niece (1.5) and me (22). We had a great time. Like I said before there are activities that are offered to the guests (even though we didnt do any of them last time). We rented a car and drove to the parks and it wasn%26#39;t that bad of a drive... just make sure you have a capable navigator sitting next to you when you%26#39;re driving!! :) There is also a playground and lots of room for kids to just run around and be kids.





ALSO - by the lobby and the pool there is a little market and a take-out pizza hut. You can get the pizza hut delivered to your room too (this was always one of my favorite parts of this resort!!!).





I will look around tomorrow and see if I can find any pictures to go along with this and put them up on my profile page. Hope this helps!!!




Thank you all so much for the great info.I am at this point leaning towards Cypress Harbour.It sounds a bit more kid friendly than Grand Vista and the units are bigger than Horizons.Any additional information would still be welcome.Again,thanks a million.

No comments:

Post a Comment