Monday, April 23, 2012

Drive from Pensacola to Destin

I now realize that I should have flown into Fort Walton Beach....but oh well....too late! I read info on the forum here about that after I had already booked our flights.





We are coming in July, arriving on a Thursday.





Our flight arrives into Pensacola at 9 am. We won%26#39;t be able to check into the condo until 3 pm.





So, I thought that we should make the most of the drive between Pensacola and Destin.





Does anyone have recommendations for places to stop along the way, either interesting sites or lunch recommendations? Thanks!



Drive from Pensacola to Destin


Did you call and check- you might possibly be able to get in earlier especially since it is a Thursday (not as high of volume as Saturday)





For lunch I recommend Juana Pagoda/Sailors Grill on Navarre Beach





Right on the beach - sand floor bar - great views - you could spend lunch there or all day enjoying the beach.





If you want to spend a lot of time in Pensacola - I love the Naval Air Museum there.



Drive from Pensacola to Destin


We are supposed to call the realty company when we land, and they may let us in early. I checked their website, and, at this time, the condo is vacant on Wednesday night, so that may work in our favor.





Thanks for the restaurant recommendation. I think we%26#39;ll stop there even if we can get in the condo early. It sounds like a great way to start the trip!




One bit of warning. Take Hwy 98, not the beach road. The beach road has never been repaired since Ivan and you cannot drive the entire way.

No comments:

Post a Comment