Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Weather temps in August?

I%26#39;m from PA and right now it%26#39;s muggy and hot and pretty uncomfortable to be outside. We%26#39;re planning a week vacation to Sanibel in mid August and I%26#39;m a bit concerned about the prospect of 90+ degrees every day there. Is there usually a good breeze off the Gulf or anything to cool it down and make it ok to be outside and not dripping sweat just sitting on the beach?



Weather temps in August?


It is hot and humid and the Gulf is in the mid to high 80%26#39;s. One local called the weather %26#39;disgustingly humid%26#39;. Take for what it%26#39;s worth. I find the breeze from the Gulf makes it pleasant, but it sure isn%26#39;t like being on Lake Champlain.



Weather temps in August?


Hot and humid it sure is but if you have a pool and a few cold drinks it%26#39;s worth being there. Take it from me if the Brits can live with it you sure should cope easy!




Sanibel in August is HOT. On or near the beach, you might get a breeze, especially in the morning-evening.





Also humid, but it%26#39;s almost always humid here. After all it is very nearly the tropics.





As I write this, it is %26amp;6 degrees heading to 89 degrees today, 89 degrees tomorrow and 91 degrees on Sunday.





As for the Brits, I%26#39;ve been in London in August. Talk about hot and humid. Whew.... Even the beer was warm.... %26lt;grin%26gt;





Incidentally, my last trip to the islands I spotted an ';a'; by the side of the causeway road. Apparently someone had laughed it off and left it behind.




hi rainydaysinpa,





I am from Pittsburgh and just recently moved to Cleveland.



I have been to Captiva in August and it is nothing like being in this hot muggy stuff we are experiencing now. I don%26#39;t know what it is there, the gulf breeze, the small amount of clothing, being in paradise?





We always go to Florida in the summer and my kids never complain about it being too hot in Florida, but compain here.



Here you walk out the door and it just chokes you.



There, we never felt that way.





GO!




Thanks everyone! I%26#39;m from Pittsburgh too and it is truly gross up here in the summer. I%26#39;m so relieved to hear that it should bearable down there. I was really worried about this. We usually stick to beach vacations in New Jersey but this year we want to do something different.




You%26#39;ll find the water much warmer, but Sanibel is MUCH nicer than the Jersey shore! Enjoy! [No taffy on the boardwalk though. In fact, no boardwalk. heheheheheh]




I have stayed in Sanibel in mid august a couple years ago and it was blisteringly hot. With the new lack of shade too at many of the beaches and on the bike paths it makes it even worse. Don%26#39;t get me wrong, It was WAY better than being landlocked in Ohio in August, but don%26#39;t underestimate it. Bring plenty of shade and frozen water bottles everywhere you go (your water, if not frozen, will be warm as bath water in no time, yuk) and lots of sunblock. I keep thinking about what seemed like a very looong walk from bowman%26#39;s beach to the parking area while the midday sun cooked us to a crisp. Just be prepared. Did I mention it was hot? I had a wonderful time and I%26#39;d to to Sanibel in august in a heartbeat, just remember july and august are the hottest months and that%26#39;s no joke




I live a couple hours north of Sanibel and it is HOT and STICKY and RAINY in August. Bring very light clothes (do not wear brown, black, etc). August is such a hot time of the year. We try to do things inside to escape the heat. Wear a LOT of sunscreen if you go to the beach and reapply often or you will fry!!!




Hey Cincychick - I thought it was just %26#39;Mad dogs and Englishmen %26#39; who went out in the mid day sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment