Monday, April 23, 2012

Group Dinner in Key West

We are hosting about 20 people in Key West (early August) to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. We will have 14 adults and 6 kids (all 3 or under). I want to host a dinner on a Friday night and I was looking for some venue suggestions. I would love it to be nice, but not too pretentious.





Thoughts?



Regards,



Lisa



Group Dinner in Key West


take a look into Roof Top Cafe on Front St. The food is great and the outside seating is really nice.



Group Dinner in Key West


Alice%26#39;s has a nice back room that could probably fit all of you. And I love her Key Lime Pie!




Alice%26#39;s is a great idea! I%26#39;ve never seen the back room but it holds 20, so I think it%26#39;d be wonderful - a cozy, private room with true Key West flair.




What%26#39;s your budget and what level of ';nice'; do you need? Fine dining, inside, steak, fish..........




Mango%26#39;s



Michaels



Alices



Blue Heaven





They are all nice and all have areas where they could put you for a private party.




Thought of another one..........The Grand Cafe. They do not really have a seperate private dining room but most people tend to eat outside (even in Aug) so there would be several areas inside they could seat you.




Thanks for the input thus far. Some additional details... I was hoping to stay within a $25-30 per adult (plus drinks). My other concern is that we will have so many kids with the group. The upside is that we will probably eat earlier than the typical dinner crowd, but it still needs to be kid appropriate.





Alice%26#39;s seems to be a solid reco from many. Any thoughts on the family friendly aspect?




Alice would love a group and the kids won%26#39;t be a problem. In fact, she has a back room in her building and I%26#39;m sure she%26#39;d love a group. I%26#39;d call her to talk about it, any chef wants to know 20 people are coming (if you asked and the conversation went well, I%26#39;d ask if she%26#39;d throw in dessert on her and I%26#39;d bet she would). Only downside is the bar is tiny, service might be a little slow. It may be easier for you and her to arrange a menu first instead of the normal menu. You%26#39;d kill the kitchen if they didn%26#39;t arrange for you.




FYI...flattop suggested the rooftop cafe. My boyfriend and I will be in Key West the first week in August as well, and I really wanted to eat dinner here.





But, went to the website today and I quote...





';The Roof Top Cafe will be closed July 30-September 30';





:(




In years past, I%26#39;d have recommended Mangoes, but they changed hands a couple of years ago and I%26#39;m less than impressed with them now. They do, however, have a nice upstairs room that would be good for a group if you%26#39;d like to look into it.





As I said earlier, I haven%26#39;t seen Alice%26#39;s back room, but I think that it%26#39;d be a nice choice for children (who could act ratty without anyone knowing!)





Good luck Lisa - you%26#39;ll do fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment