Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dinner Show - Help please

Simple question asked mant time I know but i have it down to two.

Medieval dinner or pirates dinner.

I have 9yr old son and 12yr old daughter. My son is pirate mad but not many people talk on here about it much.

Any informed views please!!!!

Dinner Show - Help please

Between just these two choices, I%26#39;d choose Medieval Times.

Pirates doesn%26#39;t get very good reviews on this forum.

Dinner Show - Help please

I agree with Kat. We%26#39;ve been to both. While we don%26#39;t really like either, I would chose MT. The Pirates show is mediocore and the food is below average.

Why not try a character meal instead? Much better than the dinner shows available in Orlando.


i think your kids will much prefer MT ; they can boo and hiss the good knights an bad knights, the jousting is quite spectacular; food not bad and we did nt see anyone drunk despite the free beer.


Have personally been to Medieval times and my 4 kids aged 7, 9, 12, 13 loved it!! 2 boys and 2 girls and it didn%26#39;t seem to matter. There was jousting and competition for the boys, with a hint of romance with the princess offering flowers to the competition winners. My 9 year old swears she loved the yellow knight and had to have her picture taken afterwards in the reception area. My 60 year old mother in law loved it as well. I had even brought some plastic silverware for her just in case (you eat everything with your hands) she declined the plastic ware and said when in Rome. The food wasn%26#39;t half bad, acutally surprised me, pretty good.

Things to beware of before you go to ANY dinner show (Dixie stampeed, Pirates...ect) They will try to sell you ANYTHING!! From flags you can wave, to neon glow stick things, pictures...sell, sell, sell. I had heard rumors of this and on the drive there made my little speech that we were there for the performance and the dinner...NOT to buy a bunch of stuff I can make or get at Wal-Mart...so don%26#39;t ask!! My kids didn%26#39;t look twice when they came around trying to sell things, they were too busy watching the show.

All around we had a great time and would recommend it to anyone with kids. Get your tickets cheaper thru ticketmomma.com. They will mail you your tickets to your home quickly or they will have them delivered to your hotel it is your choice. I am a research junkie and checked all outlets for these tickets and they were by far the cheapest.

If you forget and wait until you get into town, check one of the visitors magazines that are around town and you can get discounts also.


We%26#39;ve done 4 dinner shows over the past few years. I would rank them this way in order of better to least liked:

Dixie Stampede

Medieval Times

Arabian Nights

Pirates (was quite disappointed with this one. We all (kids included) got bored.

  • microsoft office
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment