Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Brickell - Distractions

I am in Miami for a month in August, staying in an apartment in Brickell, with my wife and baby (age one).





I know it is not a big tourist area, but it is close to my office.





What attractions/cafes/restaurants/etc are in walking distance?





Thanks!



Brickell - Distractions


These are the places I like on Brickell. Deli Lane Cafe is great for lunch this location may even have dinner service not sure though. Au Bon Pain is another place we liked for lunch. I like Gordon Biersch brewery for some things (they serve dinner and lunch), I don%26#39;t like everything of theirs however (kind of like they are trying to much with their food). For dinner there are two good places on Brickell Key Brasserie and Azul. Also on Brickell Key is a gourmet market called Gardners that has many great things.



Brickell - Distractions


Great, logged those.





Are there any distractions for my wife and our son, or would she need to drive elsewhere...






You are just a few minutes drive from the Museum of Science and Planetarium and Viscaya. Also a few minutes away (by car) over the Rickenbacker Causeway are the Miami Seaquarium and public beaches. Sorry, no attractions that I can think of within ';walking'; distance.





PS. You are also near to Coconut Grove....nice area for dining, shopping etc.




Jim%26gt;





Check this post about that area:





tripadvisor.com/鈥?202009





AG




Brickell is a fairly long street so what is in walking distance will vary, especially pushing a stroller in the August heat. Your apt. will probably have a pool, which will be a nice place to spend some time.



There is a metromover/metrorail stop on Brickell and 14th Street. www.miamidade.gov/transit/metromover.asp Metromover is a free train loop around downtown Miami.



Metrorail runs north and south. Just riding the train can be a fun event for your child. For your wife, she may want to get off. I%26#39;ve never taken it north. To the south, there is a stop for Vizcaya - but that may not be very wheelchair friendly. The Coconut Grove stop is not near where you want to be - do not take that stop.



Dadeland North is a good station if you want inside places to walk around. There%26#39;s big mall there.



I would look around for groups your wife and child can join. It%26#39;s a short cab ride to the My Gym www.my-gym.com/schedule.asp鈥?/a> August is a bit of a hard month to find things because many of the usual places are running summer camps. I%26#39;ll try to pick up a local parenting guide and see what I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment