Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bamabatt- Seychelles or Treasure Island

Bamabatt,



I noticed you have stayed at both. Last year we stayed at Seychelles. I have been looking at both for this year. Which did you prefer and why?



Bamabatt- Seychelles or Treasure Island


Hi cancun4us! Sorry it took me so long to reply.I wasn%26#39;t on the computer at all this past weekend.I liked both seychelles and treasure island but i think i prefered treasure island.The condos are a little more spacious as are the balconies.I also like how the treasure island complex is turned slightly toward the west to make for better sunsets.This also makes for a better view of st andrews bay and state park from the front of the complex.My wife and i stayed on the 23rd floor and it was the best view we%26#39;ve seen so far.So if you stay there i suggest the higher floors for the view.The pools at both places are about the same although i think treasure islands is a little bigger.The only drawback to treasure island is it doesn%26#39;t have a hot tub.This wasn%26#39;t a big deal to my wife and I but i know some people prefer to have a hot tub.We will be going to pcb in may and probably either august or september.I%26#39;m sure for one of those times we will be staying at treasure island.Also if you are going to rent a condo at treasure island go to vrbo.com.There you can rent directly from the owners and it will save you money.I have used vrbo.com the last couple of years and it is worth it.Sometimes you can save a few hundred dollars going through vrbo.com instead of the resorts themselves.I hope this helps.And if you have anymore questions just post them and i%26#39;ll do my best to answer them.



Bamabatt- Seychelles or Treasure Island


Hey cancun4us,We have booked at seychelles 94687 12th floor I say you stayed there last year was everything o.k. with this owner and management co.Was this condo o.k.




Hi lisastyling. We are also staying at vrbo 94687 on the 12th floor. We will be there July 14 to 28. When will you be there? What was your impression of american hospitality?




hi,nge,We are staying the week before you are,Did%26#39;nt get much information from them.I meant to ask about their cancellation policy but I will have to call them.Not very professional.What did you think.




Hi lisastyling, It took a good 2 months before they finally mailed me my confirmation. Matt told me the cancellation policy is a $25 cancellation fee if cancelled up to 2 weeks before arrival, after that there is a 1 night plus tax and if you cancel on the same day you lose your deposit. He was very professional until we reserved, after we reserved though, he never answered our emails about sending me my confirmation, I called him several times and he said he would mail and wasn%26#39;t doing it . Finally after I called the owner and complained, then all of a sudden I got my confirmation. I hope we won%26#39;t have a problem when we get there. Although the owner seems very nice.




nge,I spoke to the owner first and he gave me a comf. no so I did%26#39;nt say anything about it to the management.But I%26#39;m like you and hope everything will be o.k.Keep in touch if any problems arise.Or anything we need to know.Thanks and good luck.




lisastyling- sorry, I just now saw your post. The unit and the owner were great but we had a couple of problems with the management company. We stayed in the 9th floor unit but I think they are both the same. Again, the condo and beach were really nice.




cancun4us,May I ask what problems you had with the management.Just so we will know what to expect.




Lisastyling- When we went to check in, we were told our unit was not ready (no big deal really) so we drove around for awhile. It was finally ready 2 hours later. But the check in is at the Baordwalk %26amp; they had people lined up complaining. Apparently many of the condos at Boardwalk were not ready and the people could not check it. A few people asked if they could just change %26amp; sit on the beach or by the pool until the condo was ready but they were told that they could not because they had to have a wrist band to use the facilities and they could not get a wrist band until they checked in. They were told to go drive around and they would call them on the cell phone when the condo was ready. We were not offered the cell phone option. I stood in line twice to be told ';not yet';. It was just really bad service. anyway.. when we finally did get to check in, they could not find the keys. The girl waiting on us just kept going over to a drawer and looking at the envelopes for the keys. There were 2 envelopes, one for each unit he owns and the envelope for our unit was empty. But she literally walked back %26amp; forth between us %26amp; they key envelope 4 times! Like the keys were going to ';grow'; in the envelope if she kept looking. She finally asked someone %26amp; they ask her if it was their unit. She replied ';no it is JUST an owner unit'; the guy then shrugged and told her to ask someone else. Finally the manager came out and said he found one key in his office and he gave us that one. At this point I am tired and getting angry. I ask for a second key %26amp; was told that there was only one for that unit. I asked how my husband was supose to get into the condo if I was off with one of my daughters with the only key?? He shrugged! I asked if I went to a hardware store and had a copy made would they reimburse me...I was told no and that duplicating the key was illegal! FINALLY after I said ';you have got to be kidding, you are telling me we only have one key to our condo for our whole week'; he then went over to the same envelopes and matched his key with one in the envelope for the 12th floor unit and it matched. It took almost an hour to check in after already being late. The final straw was that we noticed the parking area at the condo was gated when we did our driveby when we were waiting and I asked if there was a card or code to get in ant they said no. I said ';are you sure because we just dove by and the parking are is gated. Again they said ';no';. Of course went we got there, we did need a code. so I had to get our of the car and go in to the onsite Resortquest agent (who the condo owner had just switched from) and ask them for the code. She asked us which unit and when I told her she laughed and gave me the code. But once we finally got to the condo it was awesome. Beautiful condo with a great view. Hopefully it has been almost a year and they are better now but I thought they gave really bad customer servcie not only to me but with the guests at Boardwalk. I complained to the owner when we got back home and he was very nice %26amp; appologized and forwarded the letter toi the management company who responded by ';it was not their fault'; it was a new property for them and they did not have all the information on it. Again, if you set aside the unhelpful management company we had a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment