Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Golf in Florida...

Hi folks,





It%26#39;s that time of year again when I log onto trip advisor and start asking lots of questions about my upcoming holiday to Florida !! Myself and my girlfriend work for the same company and have just seen a very nice return on some shares we bought a few years ago. Guess what our first thought was !? Yep, lets go to Florida !!





We last visited Sept 2006 and stayed in Clearwater. Whilst it was relaxing, which is exactly what we wanted we found it to be a little quiet in the evenings. So this year we have decided to go to Orlando again.





We%26#39;ve been a few times now so I know all the different areas and what to do/what not to do. However we have recently taken up golf and would love to try some courses out in Florida. We are currently looking at a few villa complexes (with attached golf courses). My question is can you rent clubs from most courses in Florida or do they expect you to bring your own?





Also if I wanted to take my own set of clubs with me on the flight how would that work? That might be a silly question but I%26#39;m just looking for some clarification from other golf enthusiasts !





Many thanks.



Golf in Florida...


yes, most courses rent clubs.....as far as bringing them with you, buy a bag cover to cover your bag and put your clubs in upside down so the heads won%26#39;t get broken during transport.....not sure what the airlines would charge you, if anything, for over baggage allowance.....maybe some of your fellow UK golfers can shed some more light on that part



here is eddie k%26#39;s fairly comprehensive golf list for the orlando tourist area





tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i2074-Nice_Golf鈥?/a>



Golf in Florida...


All the major carriers to the states will ship you clubs for free.



When you are there you must not discount the Disney courses as they are magnificent.



If you have just started you might like th Oak trail course which is a 9 hole walking courses at the Shades of Green complex.




We are going to Orlando for the first time in August, I am also a golfer. We are flying with Monarch and they carge 拢30 return for transportation of my clubs. Rental clubs cost $60 at the Villas of Grand Cypress where we are staying, I am thinking about trying to get at least 4 rounds in therefore, cost effective to buy bag to transport my own clubs and take them. The only concern I have is getting from baggage claim to rental car, going with wife %26amp; 13 yr old daughter, neither of whom travel lightly..




I%26#39;ve done the deal now. Cost me and my girlfriend 拢20 each for the golf carriage on the flight with Thomsons. Just need to buy a golf travel bag now!





Does anyone how strict clubs are in Florida regarding dress code? Considering its 90+ degrees I%26#39;m assuming shorts are allowed? Not swimshorts obviously, but smart knee-length ones?




shorts okay, but most require a collared shirt...polo/golf type

No comments:

Post a Comment