Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Double Bed Dilemma

We%26#39;ll be at POFQ from September 4-9. Our first trip to WDW! It%26#39;s just the three of us--me, husband and 5-year-old son. I really dislike the idea of squeezing into a double beds.





Are rollaway beds available? Would it make sense to get a king room and add a rollaway for my son? It sure would make Mama happy ;-)



Double Bed Dilemma


Hi lunar, I am pretty sure all the Disney Resorts have rollaway beds. Last time we needed one was 3 years ago at the AKL, at that time it was about $15 a night extra. Your idea for getting a King size bed is good, it will give you a little more space in the room for the rollaway.



I recomend you call POFQ directly @ 407-934-5000 to make a request before you go and maybe follow up with a fax a week or two just before you go. Fax # 407-934-5353.



Hope that helps



Double Bed Dilemma


How about pushing the beds together to make a king bed that%26#39;s what we do on the road so we%26#39;ll be comfortable.




Thanks to you both for two good ideas. I think I%26#39;ll try to request a king first...it seems like I saw that they were frequently corner rooms as well? I just told my husband about this and he thinks $15/night (for the rollaway) is worth it! Are the rooms just too small for two queens? Seems so outdated to me...





Thanks, again.





lunar




Pushing the Beds together, I don%26#39;t think that will work. All the Beds I%26#39;ve ever seen, in Disney Resorts, have a Headboard that is attached to the wall, the Bed itself is attached to the Headboard, so...



All the Disnay Value and Moderate Resort rooms come with either 2 Full ( also known as Double ) Beds or 1 King Size Bed. The exception is PORiverside, some of the rooms also have the extra Trundle Bed. The Deluxe Resorts have Queen Size Beds. Just the way it is.




i AGREE that they seem outdated to have two double beds!!!! I%26#39;m going with my boyfriend, and so our choices are either going to be snuggle in close in one or sleep separately!





I%26#39;ve been searching this forum for info on requesting a king room. we booked one that was two full beds, because that option wasn%26#39;t ever given when i was booking it. Our flight gets in at like 9 am or some early time lol so we will be at the resort early so we may get best picks on rooms, but would it be worth it to call ahead and see if we can request one? i read somewhere that the rooms with king beds are handicapped. is that true?? hmmmmm




jln, which Resort are you staying at ?




oops, were going to be at the pop century july 9 -13 (coming up sooooooon!)




jln, give POP a call 407-938-4000 and follow up with a fax just before you go 407-938-4040 make sure your reservation # is included right at the top of the fax.



I know that the handicapped rooms at the Deluxe Resorts do have King Beds, not sure about the POP but I would assume they do also.




Wow ! I giggled at this post, cos you guys in the US are so lucky, you probably have much bigger bedrooms at home than generally most of us have, or can afford in the UK! Most folk here have a standard double bed, which seems smaller than your doubles anyway %26amp; the King or Queen beds are a luxury to us rather than what most of us are used to.



Our house prices are so expensive here that even for a US equiv of $400,000 we may only just squeeze a bigger bed in the main bed-room!!!!!!!!




Lauralou,





Have you seen the size of some of us over here? ;-)





We have a queen bed at home but when I travel I just love having that king-size bed!





Lunar

No comments:

Post a Comment