Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Clearwater Beach vs Sarasota area??

Hi--

I%26#39;m new to this site so let%26#39;s see how this works. =) 10 years ago I went to the Clearwater Beach area with a friend. Stayed in a cute little cottage in Indian Rocks Beach. I%26#39;d like to go back to that area but there were so many little nice towns between Clearwater Beach and Sarasota--tarpon Springs, Madiera Beach, Treasure Island. I just can%26#39;t remember what they were like now. Rather than a cottage, the people Im traveling with this time around would prefer a nicer hotel. Any ideas of which towns I should consider? How do people prefer the Clearwater Beach area vs the Sarasota area? Just looking for a few opinions here. So, thank you. =)

--Mike

Denver

Clearwater Beach vs Sarasota area??

There are many nice hotels on Clearwater beach, though I have never been to the beach in Sarasota, I have been to the town. I prefer Anna Maria Island better, but it is all houses and cottages. Clearwater was my 2nd favorite beach when my husband and I drove the entire area a couple months ago--from Tampa all the way to Sarasota and back, following the coast starting at Clearwater Beach. Anna Maria was my 1st favorite. The beach was HUGE in Clearwater too, lots of room and very white sand.

Clearwater Beach vs Sarasota area??

My personal preference would be the Sarasota area beaches over Clearwater beach. They include Anna Maria, Longboat Key, Lido Beach %26amp; Siesta Key. The area is a little more upscale and less cluttered. Clearwater Beach attracts more of a teenage crowd.


I agree with Palm Harbor Traveler. They%26#39;re both nice, but I%26#39;d prefer a Sarasota barrier island.


I agree about the Sarasota area. We%26#39;ve been going to Siesta Key for 5 years now, and we love it there.


I haven%26#39;t been to clearwater yet, going next week, but I can say Siesta Key is one of the most beautiful beaches I%26#39;ve ever been to.

My husband I went in May of 2006 and when we can go back and stay a week we are going. During may school is still going on so the beaches are real crowded. Don%26#39;t get me wrong, we love kids but we are in our late 4o%26#39;s and love the quiet. Check out siesta-4-rent.com. They have some good choices.

  • white makeup
  • ittwit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment