Monday, April 23, 2012

really really stupid question about sunscreen

does sunscreen have a useby date? i have just found some i bought yrs ago do you reckon it%26#39;ll be ok?



really really stupid question about sunscreen


I would think for your climate, that sunscreen would still work.





However, if you are planning on using it in Florida, I%26#39;d buy some newer. The sun is so strong in Florida, you really need ';fresh'; sunscreen with a pretty high SPF factor.



really really stupid question about sunscreen


Apparantly sunscreen is only viable for around 12 months, having asked the pharmacist at Boots! hope that helps, if you are still unsure I would chuck it and buy some new stuff that way you are guaranteed its going to be safe, specially if you have kids.




Buy it when you get there. No Add comes in 45 %26amp; 60 factor.



Is in a large bottle and is not as expensive as the more advertised brands, And is as good as most and better than some you pay twice as much for. Walmart sell it as do lots of other outlets .



Alternatevely if you are doing a lot of water parks Bullfrog 45 . a bit more water resistant.




As a previous poster has said sunscreen only has a shelf life of around a year. I have asked this question in a couple of different shops and the answer was the same. I don%26#39;t think it is worth the risk using old sunscreen.






I always wondered about expiration date and always meant to check on that but never remembered. Thanks for the info!




thats brilliant thanks. you%26#39;d think they%26#39;d put a useby date on the bottle wouldn%26#39;t you. will some when we get there already bought f50 for the kids so will just need to get ours




xr759 thanks for that about bullfrog. my youngest got badly burnt last time in the pool even though we were reapplyin waterproof cream every 45/60 mins so will def get some .




Shell, I started to write the year on the bottle. As you can imagine, in Texas we use it very often, so I have lots of bottles laying around. I write the date on the bottle in Sharpie and then during the winter month : 0 ) I throw out the old ones. Really a small price to pay for your little one%26#39;s (or your own) skin.



We just got back from Orlando and saw LOTS of lobsters - so please as I have said many times - use your sunscreen. Skin cancer is a terrible souviner!



Cheers,



CS




as a 20-year resident of Florida, I no longer even bother with anything but Bullfrog. It doesn%26#39;t irritate my sensitive (and so-pale-I%26#39;m-nearly-translucent!) skin, really truly protects all day long, and stays waterproof after an entire afternoon in the water.





There isn%26#39;t another brand out there that will stand up to it.





You get what you pay for -- and the pain that comes with a sunburn just isn%26#39;t worth a few bucks.




and no, I am not connected to Bullfrog in any way other than as a satisfied customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment