Friday, March 30, 2012

Trip Reports Needed

Does anyone have any trip reports or any other information to share about Cape San Blas or the surrounding area??? Is anybody out there??? I would love to see this forum be more active so that I and possibly others could learn more about vacationing at CSB.



Trip Reports Needed


JB, I will glady respond, other than Anna Maria Island and Cedar Key, this is my favorite area in Florida. I love Cape San Blas, we rented horses and my husband and I took a bottle of champagne and rode out to the lighthouse, we were the only ones on the beach, it was awesome. I also love Mexico Beach, we stay at the DriftInn, I know it has gotten some bad reviews but we always had a perfect time, you can not beat the location. The sand is like sugar and I love the dunes and sea oats. Our favorite place to eat is at Indian Pass Oyster bar, best baked oysters and texas toast on earth. We also like the Wonder Bar for live music and Toucans can be fun too. This is an ';unspoiled'; beautiful area to visit, if you ver have a chance to go do not hesitate, you will love it.



Trip Reports Needed


Thanks for the reply Rustykat. From what little info I have been able to find about CSB-It does seem like a wonderful place for a family vacation. I am still trying to plan for a trip in late September but haven%26#39;t reserved a place yet. Still waiting for the kids school schedule to be released. Anyway, I would like to know more about places to stay. We are thinking about renting a condo at Barrier Dunes. I have heard that the beach in that area is nice. Also like the idea of having a pool to enjoy as well as the waves!! Some of the smaller homes with both bay and beach access seem nice as well, just not sure what to choose since we have never been to CSB.




JBin - there is a really good website that will give you a lot if information about the area, go to www.capesanblas.info/ I think you would love the area and nake sure you visit the state park there it is amazing, I think it%26#39;s called St. Joesphs penisular state park.




I havne%26#39;t stayed in Cape San Blas, but we always do day trips over to CSB from SGI. The beach at CSB and St. Joe State Park is amazing. Sugar white, soft sand, large expansive beach and v ery few humans in sight. Its wonderful! CSB has a nice sand bar a ways off shore, its fun to get out there and walk in the water.




I am headed to Cape San Blas at the end of August. We are staying at a Gulf-front house rented from Cape San Blas Vacation Rentals. I will post a report upon my return.




There are all sorts of wonderful things you can do on the Cape...from crabbing, fishing and scalloping, to boating, horseback riding on the beach, exploring the State Park, a day in Historic Apalachicola, fantastic seafood.....





For Thing to Do: http://thecapeescape.com/ThingstoDo.html





For Restaurants in the Area: thecapeescape.com/Cape_San_Blas_Restaurants.鈥?/a>





Places to Go in and around Cape San Blas: http://thecapeescape.com/PlacestoGo.html





Calander of Events %26amp; Festivals: thecapeescape.com/Areaeventcalendar.html





You can copy and paste these links to your browser and find all sorts of information! Happy to answer any questions anyone has!




I do not have much experience with CSB mostly because we have a home (if you could call it that) on St. Joe Beach. This area needs to be kept quiet to avoid all the development. Mexico beach decided to start building 3-4 story condos, but they can%26#39;t sell them. One place had the cement done and it now has a chain link fence around it abandonded. Most of the time we take the dogs to Windmark beach, absolutly beautiful. Go on joe.com and look at this development there are some great deals now. as far as buying lots, someday this will be bigger than Seaside, and tastefully done.

No comments:

Post a Comment