Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Trip report part 1, any questions just ask.

SUNDAY,



Arrived at Doncaster airport, check in ok and flight left on time. We had upgraded our seats to Thomson Premier, and I must say they were well worth it. Only the 2 of us sat together, which was great, and the extra legroom was fantastic. Meals were quite tasty and free drinks throughout the flight was good too. Arrived at Sanford airport at about 2.15 and sailed through immigration, picked up luggage more or less within 10 minutes and then went for the coach. Arrived at the Wyndham on I-Drive and was quite impressed with the resort, that was until we got into our room. There was thick dust on every surface, hairs in the bathroom (urghhhhhh) and on the night stand. When I picked the phone up there was a sticky orange substance hiding underneath it!!! Went straight to reception, complained about the room and was moved without hesitation to another room, which was nice and clean. Unpacked, freshened up and went out to explore I-Drive. Had meal at Tu Tu Tangos, would highly recommend this place. Back to hotel pool bar for a couple of cold buds and somewhat of an early night.







MONDAY.



Up early and off to magic kingdom. Waited at hotel for the coach to pick us up and Oh My God. For what can only be described as a tin can on wheels arrived to pick us up. There was no air con, no seat belts, it was mucky and the worst part of all, it leaned to one side and they charged us $28.00 to travel on the thing!! How we managed to go round corners and not topple over is beyond me. However, the Italian driver was a good laugh and always made us laugh. Arrived at MK about 11 and walked straight onto main street and was greeted by an old fashioned tram with dancers and singers on it. Was so overwhelmed by it all that I started to cry. Much to the amusement of the hubby. Wandered around the park and did the usual rides. Loved mickys phillamagic show, in fact I thought it was the best thing I saw. As I don鈥檛 like scary rides I dragged the hubby on snow whites scary adventure and the pooh bear one. However, he drew the line at the flying elephants!! Was not that keen on the Stitch show at the time, (the dark part was a bit scary) but looking back it was a good one. Back to the coach at 9 and to the pool bar for a couple of cold buds.







TUESDAY.



Off on the lean too coach and back to magic kingdom as they had a midnight closing. Did thunder mountain, loved it and the jungle cruise. Pirates of the Caribbean was ok, but not much to rave about, think they have stuck 3 captain jacks in and cashed in on it all. Astro orbitor and Indy speedway was good too as was monsters inc. Hubby needed some big thrills so headed over to space mountain, unfortunately it was closed due to difficulties. Watched the parade and it was fantastic. Stayed late so we could watch the night time lights parade and the fireworks. Have to say that when Tinkerbell appeared at the fireworks show I cried鈥︹€gain!!







WEDNESDAY.



This was the day we had planned to meet friends at IOA for my Duelling Dragons dare, due to the shuttle launch change this was changed to Thursday. So we decided to explore I-Drive. Jumped on the I-ride trolley and headed to the top of I-drive to be greeted by the prime outlets. So that decided it, we were having a shopping day. Shops up there are ok, but a lot were on the move to new premises. Hubby got lots of bargain tops such as Ralph Lauren and CK and me, well, after 2 long days at MK and with the most tired and hurt feet I have ever had, I bought some CROCS. Well rip off crocs actually, but oh how my feet felt better. And as daft as I looked I wasn鈥檛 bothered. Had tea on I-Drive and finished off the day with a couple of cold buds.







THURSDAY.



IOA and the DD dare. I was scared, oh was I scared!! Walked into park and was greeted by the noise of the Hulk. Met up with friends and went on Popeyes, LOVED IT. Was dripping wet when got off, but hey it was nearly 100 degrees so was not bothered. Then to DD. Friend minded bag and off we went, me, hubby and friends hubby and their daughter. They let me pick which one to go on, fire, and we began our queue time. By this time my stomach was spinning like a washing machine and I think I started to get a headache. Then came the nail biting!! Point of no return and all strapped in, what does friends hubby do?? Only pulls out a walkie talkie and begins telling friend I鈥檓 strapped in and ready to go. And then we went. As soon as we tipped over the edge my eyes shut, hands gripped even tighter on the side bars and I prayed for it to end. HATED HATED HATED this ride but the other 3 loved it. Managed not to cry but must say that the thing scared the S/*T out of me. Parted company with friends, told her to spend a hell of a lot in Tiffanys and of we went towards the Hulk. Hubby loved this ride and Dr Dooms fearfall, I queued with him but only as a non rider. Had dinner reservations at the hard rock caf茅 so headed up there later in the day. Food was gorgeous, as always is in a Hard rock caf茅. Then wandered around citywalk and had a few drinks. Headed back for the coach which was free and in much better condition than the lean too that takes us to Disney.







FRIDAY.



Animal Kingdom today on the lean too coach. Bugs life is great, we both loved this show and is a must see attraction. Enjoyed the safari and the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. Watched the lion king show which was great. Had made lunch reservations at the rain forest caf茅. Was one of the best places I have ever been to. We just loved the atmosphere and the decoration of this place. As we didn鈥檛 get hear till late and the park was closing early we didn鈥檛 get much more done. Ate at the hotel tonight, food was good and it was nice to just have a relaxing night.







SATURDAY.



Went to Epcot today, mainly for Soarin. Spent the morning walking round the different 鈥榗ountries鈥? very relaxing and had lunch in France! By the time we got round to Soarin on the afternoon there were no fast passes left, and so we queued for nearly 2 hours. Must say that it was well worth it. The best ride I went on. Did nemo and mission space and hubby did test track. Queued to have photo taken with pooh bear and friends and even got a kiss off Tigger. Headed to 鈥楨ngland鈥?to watch the fireworks and had English fish and chips, not bad either. Guess what?? Cried when these fireworks were on too. Another early morning start and a late night back from the parks, so finished off with a couple of much needed cold buds.





So there it is folks, hope I haven鈥檛 bored you all. Will do TR 2 tomorrow.





xx



Trip report part 1, any questions just ask.


Great TR really enjoyed reading it cant wait for next instalment





Glad you had a great time



Trip report part 1, any questions just ask.


Hi



Well done you for doing the DD. Sounds like you had a great ( although tearful ) time. Looking forward to part 2 .




What JCs did you buy if it wasnt the high heel red suede?



Or am I jumping the gun. Is that for part 2?




you were brave to go on DD i would have cried, i was not good on soaring





look forward to tomorrows report




You are one emotional person. :)





I have to admit... I am definitely like you... I cry every time I go see the ';Illuminations'; fireworks show at Epcot..





I used to work @ Disney for a year and I went to see it literally every other day... and I cried every single time that slow song came on... The mood, spectacles, everything.. just gets you so overwhelmed..





Looking forward to your part 2




JenniP will reveal all in part 2.





silvasun, it was the last bit that got me too.





Beware folks there will be a few more tears in part 2. LOL




Oh you big tease. Hurry up. Im off on Thursday for a week. I need to know before I go!!




Great trip report. Looking forward to part two, can%26#39;t wait to read if you bought some Jimmy Choos. Didn%26#39;t visit Mall at Millenia this time so wasn%26#39;t tempted by the store.



I will give in to temptation next time.lol.




I think the same about Warren.




Thanks really enjoyed your report.



Nothing on earth would have got me on any rollercoaster, you were very brave or totally barking!!!



WE loved Soarin too but luckily got fast passes, so only had a 10 mins wait. Not sure if I would have felt the same after such a long wait though!

No comments:

Post a Comment