Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sunset Vistas- ';gay friendly';

I just received a vacation guide in the mail for the beaches of St Pete and they rate each accomodation by a ';rainbow'; if they are Gay Friendly. Does anyone know what this means ? I have reservations at this resort for next summer but hesitate because of this recommendation as I am looking for a family type hotel.



the seasheller



Sunset Vistas- ';gay friendly';


We stayed at Sunset Vistas in May. We have kids ages 6 and 10. My brother brought his family and he has two kids ages 4 and 6. We thought it was a great family hotel. We saw plenty of other families staying there.





I think you%26#39;ll have a great vacation at Sunset Vistas. We had such a great time in May that we booked another trip as soon as we got back. We are leaving this week(Wed 22nd) for another 5 nights at the Vistas.



Sunset Vistas- ';gay friendly';


thank you dth101................can you tell me if one is allowed to bring their own drinks (cooler) into the pool area? or do you have to buy them from the tiki bar? Another post stated that you had to.



Have a great trip and thanks !!



the seasheller




read the review for the sunset vistas titled ';a major rip-off'; posted on august 17th. has an interesting comment about some of the staff.




I%26#39;m not sure if you can bring your own cooler into the pool area or not. We did bring some of our own beers one night and sat on the Tiki Bar deck and watched the live band and the sunset. Nobody said anything to us. I can double check on that while I%26#39;m there. I%26#39;ll let you know for sure when I get back.







As for that review about the staff on the main page. It sounds a little suspect to me. Why did that person wait two months to post a review if they were that unhappy? I know if I was that upset about a hotel I would have made a review as soon as I got home. I wouldn%26#39;t have waited two months if it as that bad.




thanks again for the comments, dth101.........yes, please give a post on your visit again to Sunset Vistas. I can%26#39;t imagine that you couldn%26#39;t bring your own Cokes and drink them around the pool.



I called the resort yesterday about the Gay Friendly posting and all I got was, '; We didn%26#39;t know we had this rating ';.



And yes, if I had such a bad week, like an earlier posting reported, I would have made it, the week I got back home.



Did you rent thru the property?





the seasheller




and thanks ';poocher';..............I understand now what that trip advisor was saying , (rip off...........Sunset Vistas- Gay Friendly). I am not sure if I will keep my booking for next July or not. I will wait and hear from dth101 on his trip back there to read his comments.





thanks everyone, again



the seasheller !!!




Seasheller,



I would not worry too much about the rainbow. It merely means that the hotel wants to tap into gay travel market, which I understand is huge.



That does not mean that the hotel will sponsor events on its premises or tolerates actions that are not family friendly in its public areas.





Florida attracts a large share of the gay travel market and the top destinations for that market in our state are





Key West



Fort Lauderdale



Miami Beach / Miami



Orlando





The Florida Gulf Coast seems not be to a top destination for gays on during previous trips to Treasure Island I have not become aware of even a gay bar (flying the rainbow flag) there.





Mimi




Miami Mimi...............thank you again for your comments. I have posted other questions and you have always sent thru an opinion.



I am sure you are right about the ';gay friendly'; listing for the Sunset Vistas. It%26#39;s all about money these days, as it has always been for resorts. Another question about this resort...........this used to be the Ramanda Inn. Was that building torn down and a complete new one built on the site? The web shows pictures of the buildings out front and they look like there is a long porch of some kind that maybe was the balconies of the old Ramanda Inn.





the seasheller






seasheller, I do not know if the Sunvistas was a new construction or an extensive renovation. My suggestion, look through the Treasure Island Forum and you will see 2 frequent posters



TIBeachBum and



Travworld



These guys appear to be locals. Ask them directly and I am sure they will come through for you. I have received good advice from them in the past.



Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment