Saturday, March 24, 2012

1st Florida Vacation

Hi,



My husband and I are planning a Keys vacation in late october or early November. POssibly staying at the Ocean Poites Resort at Key Largo unless anyone knows of a condo/timeshare for rent by owner. (We have done that route before for Breckenridge vacations and have been very happy. We need two bedrooms and two baths and could be anywhere in the Keys)



We enjoy snorkeling, kayaking, want to fish and stay active. We don%26#39;t do the bar/club scene at all (so I thought maybe Key West may not be the best bet for us). Does anyone know about swimming with the dolphins? Any other sights and activities that we do not want to miss?



Thank you!!



pkgray



1st Florida Vacation


Hi,



I responded to your other post. On swimming with dolphins, I mentioned Theater of the Sea in my other post, but there is also Dolphin Research Center on Grassy Key near Marathon. For fishing there are a number of options, flats fishing, deep sea fishing, or reef fishing. WE chose reef fishing on the party boat, Marathon Lady; mainly because we had 6 kids with us on that trip. My husband and I would love to try other types of fishing. The book I mentioned in my ';cocoa beach or Florida Keys'; post is a great resource on everything imaginable in the Keys. Click on my name, and you can find the post, there were two under that topic, you want to read the 2nd, long one. Post back if I can be more help. Best Wishes!



1st Florida Vacation


Huhe thanks for taking your time to respond to my questions! I know our trip to the keys will be richer due to your imput.



pkgray




I have reservations at the Ocean pointe Suites for 7 days in February. I have heard mixzed reviews and am a little nervous. Did you stay there??




I have stayed there 4 times before I had my children and even after. My husband and I stay NO WHERE else when we go to key largo. I am even sneaking off for a mom%26#39;s weekend with my oldest daughter (12) and my best friend with her daughter (10) and we are staying there. I have never had a bad experience with them. I highly reccomend john pennekamp park and theatre of the sea. as well as the wild bird rehab. (make sure you go for pelican feeding) good luck and enjoy the suites.




NOTE:





READ the original posting dates before responding - the one in 2005 is almost a year old and the original was posted in 2004 -





Ya%26#39; think they might have alreay gone on their vacation???




Really dude, does seem like people would look to see how old a post is before they reply.





Makes you wonder where some peoples heads are.


  • makeup tutorial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment