Saturday, March 24, 2012

on or off disney??

For around the same overall price i could stay at All Star Music or Orbit One villas. I am travelling with me and my 2 kids 4 and 8. What do you think- magic of dsiney 24/7 or nice big 2 bedroom room with laundry facilites and a kitchen

on or off disney??

That%26#39;s a tough one however when it comes to Disney travel we prefer staying on Disney property, it%26#39;s so nice to have the free transportation to and from the airport, parks, including downtown Disney. You are not in your room much on a Disney vacation and will definitely not have time to do laundry so don%26#39;t worry about that! Your kids ages are perfect for the All Star resort. Good luck in with your decision and have a great trip.

on or off disney??

I%26#39;d go for the villa. How long are you staying? If more than a few days, I%26#39;d need a laundry with kids. And to have your own kitchen-and room to spread out-that is worth being off property to me. Assuming you are driving, or renting a car...I have found staying anywhere on vacation in a villa type place with laundry and/or kitchen more relaxing overall, even if you don%26#39;t use these facilities that much, just knowing you can, makes it nicer for me. But then Disney is special; but if I had to pick between All Star Music and a villa offsite, villa it would be.. good luck and have fun sk8jugca!


Why I will always stay on Disney property:

1) Look at how much park admission will cost. We want to get the most out of this. We spend very little time in the room.

2) How far away is the villa? Many places outside Disney tell you they are ';only 5 minutes from Walt Disney World';. However, WDW is approx. 48 square miles. How long will you spend in traffic?

3) No parking fees. You are let out at the park entrance. No wait for a shuttle. Or worse, when you park at Magic Kingdom, you ride a shuttle which takes you to the monorail. Then wait in line for the monorail, which takes you to the park entrance.

4) No hassles. One hotel we stayed at not on Disney property advertised fast shuttle service. Fast was a minimum of 45 minutes after pickup. They stopped at other hotels first. One night, after a late night show at MGM, we waited 1 l/2 hrs to catch a bus. This has never happened with Disney. We have stayed at All-Star resorts 3 times and never waited longer than 15 minutes.

5) All Star offers laundry facilities. If you really feel you need to wash clothes, do laundry while swimming in their pool.

** If you do decide to stay on Disney, I would suggest checking out All Star Movies. Our kids preferred it over All Star Music.


magic of disney!!!magic of disney!!magic of disney!!! magic of disney!!magic!! magic!! magic!!!!!!!!!!


You%26#39;ll get more space in your accommodation off property. But, as has been mentioned, you%26#39;ll be spending little time there. If the kids are 4 and 8 I think they%26#39;d enjoy staying on Disney more and there would be fewer transport hassles.


I can%26#39;t stand Disney%26#39;s style and am militantly pro-Universal and even I%26#39;d vote for staying on-property. The kids will sleep anywhere - the extra space if for you in truth.

But crucially, with a 4yo you can retain the ability to just come out of the parks, go back and nap or chill by the pool for a while. Yes you can do that from Orbit One, but it%26#39;ll take time, organisation and a fractious car trip.


I%26#39;d take the villa. I%26#39;ve stayed on Disney property, and their hotel is nice for one or two days, but you can%26#39;t beat personal space when you are there for longer. We travel at least four to six times per year and almost all of them are in a two bedroom/two bathroom condo with a washer and dryer. It%26#39;s nice to be able to have a full kitchen to cook a meal in, if you wish, or just to have snacks, cold beverages, and breakfast foods. Especially with children. When it%26#39;s their bedtime, they can retire to their own room and the adults can stay up and watch tv or chat, if they wish, without disrupting the sleep of the children.


It depends on how long you%26#39;re staying, and if you are just doing Disney.

With kids 4-8, staying a week or less, only Disney parks- I%26#39;d stay at Disney.

2 week stay, Universal too, I%26#39;d go off site to that villa or another condo. 2 week stay, no Universal, you could stay Disney and do laundry there in the Laundry room. But that long at Disney might give me severe mentals problems lol! In fact, I%26#39;ve never stayed in Orlando area for more than 8 days I think- I usually head off to the west coast, the keys , Miami etc.


If you won%26#39;t have another adult (which is what I%26#39;m guessing when you say ';I am traveling with ME and my 2 kids..';) then I would strongly suggest making it easy. Staying on site is easy, from the viewpoint of kids. Not tons of traveling back and around b/t park and rooms, etc.

My 4 kids are now 17 to 27 and I wish we could have had the opportunity to stay on site when they were little.


Thanks eveyone- I am going with the All star music-got a good price with the dining options. Figured with the kids age this would be a great time for the whole disney experience! I%26#39;m only going for 1 week. when they are bigger they may enjoy universal but it is a pain to go somewhere with a lot of large rides that only my 8 year old can go on. ..and has to go by herself so i can stay with the 4 year old. EEk now I am trying to figure out table service reservations!! Only 110 days left!

  • blackheads whiteheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment