Saturday, March 24, 2012

Here We Come- Help!

I am headed to south beach on Sat.thru Tues. As of now I have reservatiosn to stay at the Bently Hotel. I am not sure if I am okay with that though. Within the past week I%26#39;ve had reservations at The Strand, and The National as well. I can%26#39;t make up my mind. I just came across Hotel Victor and like that one even more.





I COULD REALLY USE SOME Suggestions please....



-I%26#39;m looking for a nice hotel approx 300 or less a night



-I prefer my hotel room to be more Modern looking than %26#39;old%26#39;



-I want to be in or damn close to all the action



-No car, and i don%26#39;t like taxi%26#39;s, so we%26#39;ll be walking



-Would like a hotel that is busy/fun filled with other people in early 20%26#39;s or so.





ALSO... I am going down there with my sister who is only 18 (i%26#39;m 23) Obviously she isn%26#39;t of age to get into bars/clubs... unless anyone knows a way around that...????? BUT we are trying to figure out the best way to STAY OUT LATE and have a good time assuming we can%26#39;t get into bars/clubs. Are there any hot spots to hang out at night that you don%26#39;t have to be 21 to get into. Anything to do??? Places to go?? Any suggestions on how we can party the night away....???





THANKS!!!!! ~Angie







Here We Come- Help!


Angie%26gt;





All of your hotel choices are good ones. The Victor will be ';youngest'; %26amp; very modern - moreso than the National. Both have excellent pools. The Victor party scene is red hot Thursday nights. There is a party vibe at the Victor pool. Even if you do not stay there, check out the spa and the lounge with the jellyfish tank.





The Strand will have kitchen facilities in some rooms which is great for keeping cold drinks in the fridge, making coffee in the morning, mixing your own ';pre-game'; happy hour drinks... I am not SAYING your sister will drink, but if you guys make drinks in the room before a night out and you do not card her - that is your choice. The Strand has a pool deck overlooking 10th street beach. Not so much of a party scene as the Victor... but it%26#39;s also a great view.





Wherever you decide to stay, be sure to read reviews online here on TA or wherever else you find reliable info. Use the search field on top of each forum to get recent posts about restaurants and hotels and clubs too.





As to underage drinkers on South Beach - I know it happens everywhere in the world but it%26#39;s not possible to tell you there is a secret handshake or particular address where you can go get her in illegally. There are a few clubs in Downtown Miami that are 18+ some nights but they do not SERVE alcohol to minors no matter what. In fact, the 18+ clubs are even more careful to scrutinize IDs to be sure they do not lose their liquor license!





Club info: cooljunkie.com/miami/





South Beach has a million sidewalk cafes and pubs and bars along Ocean, Washington, Collins and Lincoln Road where you both can hang out and party all night. At these casual cafe places (where someone over 21 goes to the bar to buy the drinks) you guys will have a wonderful time. It is only the posh velvet rope nightclubs with bouncers at the door checking ID that you will run into trouble ';getting in.';





Have a Great Trip!





AG



Here We Come- Help!


WOW!! Thanks!!!





I have one more question about those 18+ clubs you mentioned... Could you please provide the names of them?





Thanks,





Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment