Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ear Planes

Thanks to you guys I now know what these are!!! Can someone please tell me do they have to stay in for the full duration of the flight? I really think they are a great idea for my daughters to avoid any discomfort .... but they wont want to keep them in for 10 hours!





Thanks again!



Manda



Ear Planes


No, i don%26#39;t think so, just when your climbing and descending once your at cruising high you%26#39;ll be fine.



Ear Planes


don%26#39;t forget the old fashion boiled sweets, they work for me.




me, hubby and eldest son will be fine with %26#39;sucky sweets%26#39;, actually they do nothing for me, I find yawning helps me the most! My eldest daughter has sensitive ears, so I want to reduce the possibility of her struggling with ear pain, and I worry that my 3 year old (will be 4 when we go) wont understand what she is being asked to do, if she feels pain she will make that a VERY long flight!




i normally take mine out about 1 hour after take off and put them back in about 1 hour b4 landing




Ermm.. just to sound stupid..



what are they?




They are a bit like earplugs - you use them to help equalise the pressure on take off and landing. Ideal for children or people with ENT problems.




For me,these are nothing short of wonderous.We travel an absurd amount and my 8yr old couldnt endure it without these.I usually put them in when we board for 30 min or so and then about 30 to 45 min before we land.Dont but imitations.




I am in the ';they are simply wonderours camp';...





... those who think that they ';sound stupid'; need to go and post elsewhere... since they have never had serious ear/sinus problems whilst flying. Some people are ok with sucking sweets or yawning, others just can%26#39;t equal the pressure that way.... Like me - I have had both the experience of ';having my eardrums slowly punctured with a rusty nail'; and ';my sinus trying to explode it%26#39;s way out of the front of my skull';. No, those aren%26#39;t exagerations - just how it can feel for some people...





Personally though, I find that I don%26#39;t need to put the earplanes in for take-off - I don%26#39;t have a problem as the pressure gets lighter. But I need to ensure that the earplanes are pushed very securely and firmly (basically as solidly as I can get them) into my ears an hour before landing (and no later). I take them out immediately I hit the ground.





If I am on a short flight (like less than two hours), I tend to put them in before take-off and wear them for the duration of the flight - just to be on the safe side....





I wear them for a couple of flights (i.e. Gatwick to Orlando and the return flight too). Will thoroughly wash and dry inbetween the uses. Then throw them away after the trip and buy new ones. Supposedly their effectiveness deteriorates after several uses (because little bits of skin etc blocks the little pores in the earplanes).





Have been wearing earplanes for every flight for more than 10 years.





UCC




Agree with UCC - I don%26#39;t need them for take-off but I suffer quite badly, particularly in my right ear, on descent.





Ear planes help a lot with this problem for me. You can get them much cheaper in Wal Mart - buy some for your future trips!




where do you buy these ear planes my daughter normally gets earache after she has been on a plane this may be because of the pressure when landing

No comments:

Post a Comment