Wednesday, March 28, 2012

just returned from pbc

We just got back from Panama City Beach, we were there from the 6th -13th. The weather was Wonderful!!! We have been going for the last 6 years and we have never seen the water look better, and the water was as warm as bath water. We did get a couple of jellyfish stings, but I think we do every year. Saw losts of shells, crabs and even swam with dolphins and sting rays one day and didnt have to pay for it!! They didnt get that close, but it was cool. We stayed at the Celidon, and the place is beautiful, but the walkway and elevators were a pain sometimes. Had a HORRIBLE experience at Capt. Jacks Buffet. Felt like I should have filed charges, Keep your money!! NOT woth the 22.00 per person! Pineapple Willys is the same way. Thomas%26#39; Dougnuts is the bomb, and the Italian grill was fantastic also, but if you are looking for decent food at affordiable prices, stay away from front beach road, go to middle beach or back beach road.



just returned from pbc


Pls tell me more about the Celadon I will be arriving 9/4/05 for a week. pools? employees?clean? thanks.



just returned from pbc


It was very pretty, there are two pools, one is indoor/out and is across the street attached to the garage. Has a workouot room, bathrooms with shower. the walk way and elevators was my only beef with the Celidon. Try to park on the 2nd floor in garage so you dont have to get in the elevator, go to 2nd floor to cross over in walkway and then get another elevartor to your floor. The other pool is beachside, which I didnt use. It seemed to be more crowded. The condo that we rented was very nice inside. VERY clean, but we didnt have anyone that cleaned everyday. As far as the staff, all I saw were maint. people. and security. Have you been to pbc before??? If not, we go every year and can give you tips on places to go if you need. Have A great trip, we had a blast.




Thank you for your response, no I have never been to PCB before. any info you could give would be just Great!!!!Looking foward to a nice vacation Thanks MUCH for you in put.






I%26#39;m glad you had such a nice trip!!! I am headed to PCB for the first time this October, we have booked condo at Edgewater Beach through VRBO, price is great but some of the reviews I%26#39;ve read lately have been discouraging. It%26#39;s my 25th wedding anniversary and I want it to be a positive experience. Do you know anything about Edgewater?? And about Pineapply Willy%26#39;s online it looked like such a cool place, you advise against it?? Thanks for any input you can give me!!!




Things to do: If you are going to cook in your condo, go down the street to Win Dixie and get a savers card. It will save you so much money!! Dans or sonny%26#39;s bbq are both good places to eat and they are off the middle beach rd. Hammerhead freds is a good place to eat, but I dont reccommend Pineapple Willy%26#39;s, such a rip off! Also Captain Jacks was very disapointing. The best place we found was right down the street heading west called the Italian Grill, doesnt look like much, but great food! Also, down the street is Thomas%26#39; doughnuts. They are only open til 3 and have the best food for breakfast or lunch. Ruthie T%26#39;s is a great romantic place to eat, its down by the St. Andrews park, Wonderful prime rib. Pee-wee golf is best at Pirates cove, or coconut grove. We spend alot of time at night going to the piers and watching the locals fish. If you want to get some family pictures taken at sunset on the beach go to Perfect Pictures down by St. Andrews park. He is great, and is VERY fair on prices. We go with our kids so we dont do the bar scene, but they say spinnikers is a good place to go. Or sharkeyswhere you can eat also. Anything else if you have questions feel free to ask.




Hey Nails65,



What do you not like about Pineapple Willy%26#39;s? I have been there a couple of times, but not in quite a while. Was it the food that you didn%26#39;t like, prices or the atmosphere? Just curious!




I was curious to what they did not like about Pineapple Willy%26#39;s as well, we go there all the time. It%26#39;s a great family/beach atmosphere. It is one of the last restaurants you can actually eat outside on their pier overlooking the gulf.




I would like to know what they found to be wrong with Pinapple Willy%26#39;s. We also go there, and have alway enjoyed everything about it. Can%26#39;t wait to go back!!!!




I have to agree on the Pineapple Willys....my heart isn%26#39;t skipping a beat to get back there. There was nothing glaringly wrong with it other than subpar service, middle of the road food, and a general feeling of not being a welcomed guest. The wait staff I encountered were very young adults and I am 43. Now my kids 23 and 16 would have loved it! Just not what I was looking for.




I agree Miss Toe, food is not that great, There are alot more better places to eat in P.C. I found the food there to be bland, .

No comments:

Post a Comment