Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My opinion of TCD

Hi



We travelled with TCD for the first time after using Virgin on our previous trips. The flights were on time both ways,the attendants were friendly and helpful, the food OK for an aircraft. However, there were no seatback tvs, only the overhead moniters and on the outbound journey, the sound system was not working, so unless you could lip read it wasn%26#39;t much good. On the homeward journey, the sound system was working but my wife couldn%26#39;t get any sound out of her headphones, the system wasn%26#39;t working in her seat, so again another long journey without entertainment. ( we had to swap seats after each programme ) Another thing I noticed was how old the planes seemed, on take off going out a couple of the overhead lockers sprung open, fortunately nothing fell out. There was loose panels everywhere, especially the ceiling panels above the windows and on the homeward journey an engineer had to board the plane about 20 minutes before take off to push a window panel back into place. I don%26#39;t want to sound too negative about TCD, but unless they update their aircraft, I will travel with Virgin in future.





janlovesflorida have just read your TR and the same thing happened to us on Journey to Atlantis, only fortunately we was just about to get on. Great TR by the way, don%26#39;t you just love those sponges lol.



Ste.





My opinion of TCD


Flew with them 2 years ago, paid extra for Sunshine Upper Deck and 3 of the 4 headphone sockets didn%26#39;t work, had the same seats on the return, 2 weeks later and still not fixed.



We were also told the seats would be upgraded to leather type, they weren%26#39;t.



Still flights were cheap and as long as I get there safe, I can put up with no entertainment its the destination that counts,



Pinky



My opinion of TCD




Hi





When did you get back? Hope you had a fab time. I am due to fly with them for the first time 27th Sept, just hoping for no delays. Think I will take my own entertainment for the flight.





Thanks for the info, will help me be prepared hehe.




Hi jazzy



Got back yesterday, part 1 of my trip report was posted today and is on here somewhere. Hope you have a great time



Ste.




ste,



what was the leg room like on TCD? I could put up with no seat back TV, I just like plenty of room. I%26#39;m only 5%26#39;6'; so don%26#39;t need loads of room but, I like it!





Lucky you not actually being on JTA ride while it broke down,. Oh and I really don%26#39;t want to see another sponge as long as I live.lol.




Hi Jan



I was quite surprised by the amount of legroom, it certainly seemed to be more than we have had on Virgin, I%26#39;m 5 ft 10 and had plenty of room, the seats were of leather appearance, whether they were or not I don%26#39;t know.



Ste

No comments:

Post a Comment