Friday, March 30, 2012

Trip report Aug. 11-18th Treasure Island

Hey guys! We just got back from Panama City Beach last night.



We did fly the daughter/family into the Panama City airport and back out. They had connecting flights in Atlanta. It worked out great. Was expensive-the tickets cost $300.00 more than the weeks stay at Treasure Island. However, I think it was worth it since they get impatient riding. In fact, they had a fit because it took so long to get from out condo to Mike%26#39;s Diner! (It wasn%26#39;t long at all!)



Treasure Island was great. We had a two bedroom condo with a sleeper sofa and bunks right off the dining room on the second floor. It was decorated well and the beds were very comfortable. Balcony was large and had table/chairs and two lounge chairs.



Elevators were very fast and never had to wait.



We had a bit of seaweed the first two days and then the water cleared up. My grandaughter got stung by a jelly fish the 2nd day. Thank goodness I had been reading all the reports and had bought some Safe Sea.



Our favorite activities were the Pirate Cruise and the Swim with the Dolphins program at Gulf World. It was very expensive to pay for the two grandchildren to swim with the dolphins, but it was worth it. My grandson said it was the most awesome day of his whole life.



The Pirate Ship cruise was wonderful as well. We went to Shell Island one day. The waves were so rough it was hard finding shells.



We had a wonderful meal at Scampy%26#39;s the first night. I%26#39;[m allergic to most seafood, so I had the charbraised steak. It was wonderful! Everyone enjoyed their meal. I was afraid to eat at Captain Jacks after reading the reviews posted here. My husband insisted so we went early. It was very good. In fact, the family wanted to go again, so we did the next night. Hammerhead Fred%26#39;s was wonderful as well. I had the strongest margarita ever! Their t-shirts are really cute. Of course, we couldn%26#39;t leave without visiting Schooners and Pineapple Willy%26#39;s. Schooners has the greatest atmosphere and the food was good. We all had the ribs at Pineapple Willy%26#39;s and had enough for lunch the next day. We also bought more t-shirts. They had a good selection marked down to $10.00.



All in all, it was a great trip. Thanks for all your posts that helped me plan!



Trip report Aug. 11-18th Treasure Island


So you enjoyed Schooners? I%26#39;ve wanted to go there, might just have to give it a whirl this next time. Where have I been I%26#39;ve not heard of Scampys til tonight, and now this is the second time I%26#39;ve seen the name and good things about it.



Trip report Aug. 11-18th Treasure Island


Scampy%26#39;s does not look like much from the outside. It is right next to the Treasure Island parking garage. But everyone was happy with their food. I ordered the steak, but everyone else ordered seafood and said it was delicious. Beware that they do not have a bar! I asked for a mixed drink and they told me they didn%26#39;t make them. They did have beer and I think wine. I did enjoy Schooners, but the others in my party did not. The food was good, but average. I just love the atmosphere. It reminds me of Spring Break when I was young! When we left , the band was just starting up. My son-in-law said it wasn%26#39;t a restaurant, it was a bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment