Thursday, April 19, 2012

Disney World's Magical Express Transportation from Airport

Does anyone have any experience with using this method of transportation from Orlando Airport. Is it time consuming -- with stops at every terminal??? Would I be better to take a taxi to Polynesian? My kids (9 %26amp; 7) and myself will be biting on the bit to start our Disney experience.





Thanks!





Disney World's Magical Express Transportation from Airport


you go to the Magic Bus check in location. I don%26#39;t remember exactly where it is but it was a distance from where we picked up our lugage. It%26#39;s location is in the booklet that is mailed to you along with your lugage tags. We asked someone where it was. Someone will direct you to which roped-off line you should stand and wait. Different lines for different resorts. Once on the bus we waited a while for others to arrive and board. I felt it was convient and on the bus they show you a slightly informative video about WDW to get your vacation started.



Disney World's Magical Express Transportation from Airport


The buses do stop at at several resorts and you won%26#39;t get your luggage for several hours unless you bring it onto the bus.On the other hand,its free. But if you want things to go at your pace,get a car service,better than a cab and will make a grocery store stop for you for snakcs and beverages.




Great idea on the car service with stops at a grocery store!!!!! Thanks!




We have used the Magical Express 4 times. 2 times the bus made 1 other resort stop and 2 times we went only to our resort. It depends on how many people need to be transported at any given time of the day. It is easy to find the location. Just follow the directions in the packet they send you. It%26#39;s very nice to not have to wait around at the baggage claim, they will get your bags for you. I do recomend bringing a carry on bag with things you might want right away.Change of clothes, swimsuits, etc. It all depends on the time of day you are arriving and what you plan to do when you get to the Poynesian. If we get into MCO in the morning or early afternoon, we check-in at or Resort and then head right to a Park. When we get back, our bags have always been in our room. It%26#39;s free, that%26#39;s the part we like the best.



We have hired a limo service in the past. The 30 minute shopping stop is nice but we don%26#39;t think worth the extra cost.



Enjoy the Polynesian, it%26#39;s great.



Have a swell Holiday




We used it last year, it was great, convenient and free! We just collected out own luggage, so the luggage came with us on the bus. I was worried that we couldn%26#39;t use it because of our strange flights time (arrived at 11pm, left MCO at 7am), but it was fine. We stayed at Pop Century and it was direct transport, no stops anywhere. Will definately use it again.




We used it this past week from and back to the airport. I love that it was free! A big plus. I recommend you check your own bags and retrieve them yourself at baggage claim but definitely check them at your hotel when it is time to leave for the airport so you can go right on through to securtiy when it is time to get on the plane. Not having to wait in line at the ticket counter to check our bags was a huge savings on time and patience. We walked right on past a huge line of people and did some last minute shopping at the airport, grabbed a leisurely lunch, and had time to visit the ladies%26#39; room prior to boarding.





The Express counter was downstairs at the end of the Rental Car counters. The Disney employees were extremely kind and helpful. We gave our driver a nice tip both times we rode the Express.





We made 2 stops on the way to our hotel but it did not take very much time at all. On the way back to airport we made 3 stops. This took a little longer but it was nice to sit and relax prior to returning home.





Positives: It%26#39;%26#39;s free and easy





Negatives: Takes a little longer.





I will definitely use it again.




We did use the Magical Express Transportation and its very convenient We stayed at Pop Century and we didn%26#39;t stop at any other resort. Only suggestion would be to pick the baggage yourself and take it with you on the bus, we didn%26#39;t do that and it took 5hrs for the baggages to arrive at our hotel room. All in all its a plus to use the service.




I don%26#39;t agree with several of the posts above. Yes, it can be inconvenient not to have your luggage right away, but if you plan ahead, not having to worry about the luggage makes it SO much easier. Our flight landed around 11 am and we knew that we wanted to spend the afternoon at the pool, so we packed our swimsuits and cover-ups in our carry-on bags. When we landed at the airport, all we had to do was go straight to the Magical Express stop and hop on the bus. We stayed at the Polynesian, and the bus stopped at two hotels before we arrived at ours. We checked in, ran to the rooms to throw on our suits, and headed down to the pool. When we can back a few hours later, our suitcases were waiting for us in our room. It was SO NICE not to have to worry about lugging them around, we could just have fun and not worry about it!




Thanks for the tip about taking your luggage on the bus. I didn%26#39;t know it was an option. I get in at 9 am and it%26#39;s just me traveling and I%26#39;d rather have my stuff with me than wait for it.





I%26#39;ll definitely let them handle it on the way back.




I just returned from my trip and want to say that the Magical Express worked perfectly for me.





Upon arrival Monday morning, the line was not long at all and I got stamped and had time to use the ladies room before boarding my bus. I was staying at the Yacht Club and was the third resort to be dropped off, but I have to say it look less than an hour to get to my hotel. The bus was extremely luxurious and well air conditioned. I liked the Disney music and the little video that they show to get you in the mood. I let them handle my luggage to the hotel and just took my carry on with me on the bus.





My luggage was in my room when I got back from the park that night.





On the return trip, I checked my luggage at the hotel so that I wouldn%26#39;t have to take it to the airport with me. It made it home with no problems.





I thought it was odd that they make you get picked up 3 hours before your flight, but I have to say that it was just the right amount of time. I arrived at the airport and did a little shopping, had lunch at Chili%26#39;s, spent 30 minutes in the security line and by the time I made it to my gate, we were starting to board the flight.





I will definitely do Magical Express again and recommend it to everyone.


  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment