Tuesday, April 17, 2012

inhalers

my son is asmatic and needs to use 3 inhalers and a nasal spray at least twice a day. can i pack these in hand luggage as i don%26#39;t want to risk them being lost or him having an attack on the plane?



inhalers


The inhalers should be fine as long as you have a prescription sticker on them with his name. Bring the smallest nasal spray possible on the plane with you and pack a larger one in the checked bags. Nasal spray is something you can purchase in any store here in the States so if it gets lost, you can easily replace it.





And just to be on the extra safe side, you could ask your son%26#39;s physician office to write a letter of medical necessity for the medications. I do this all the time for patients who travel and need to carry medication with them. I type it on office letterhead and it just needs to say To whom it may concern....So and So is a patient of mine and takes X,Y and Z medications on a daily basis. He or she needs to carry these on thier person. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Please contact me at provided telephone number if you have any questions. And then have the physician sign it. I%26#39;ve not had one patient have trouble with the medication carry on.



inhalers


Yes, you can carry the medications with you. I%26#39;m thinking that your nasal spray is by prescription just as mine is so just getting another when you get there is not an option. When you go through security just tell them about the meds and take a 1 quart ziplock bag for them. I use flonase and it was ok to take it with me in the ziplock bag with my carry on. Make sure all meds have their prescription labels on them.




When you put your carry-on luggage through the scanner machine at the security check point at the airport, pull the inhalers out and put them through seperately. They pulled me aside and hand-searched my carry-on, it seems that the inhaler cartridges look suspicious on the xray machine! They had my carry-on bag all topsy-turvy from searching through it, a real pain in the tush. Now I keep all my meds in a seperate zip-loc baggie and pull it out myself.




thats great thanks.





nova yeah the spray is script only. they put the labels on the box so think i will have to ask them to put actually on inhalers.




Yes, we have the labels directly on my husband%26#39;s inhaler and my nasal spray.




Hi there Shell13





Have been speaking to a friend who works at the airport as my Husband also needs an inhaler, any items that are considered to be a liquid (i.e. the spray) must be in a re-sealable clear plastic bag which should be taken out of your hand luggage (but kept in the clear bag) and put through the scanner separately. She also mentioned (as a previous poster) that a letter from your GP should accompany the medication. I know it is a palaver but in the light of recent events I am sure that security will be even tighter. (check out for example the Virgin website it has loads of info on there about what you can and cannot take on board)





Hope you have a great holiday I don%26#39;t know if you have been to Florida before but when we have been previously my Husband actually needed his inhaler a lot less frequently than back home.





Have a great holiday




Hi.





I%26#39;ve just this minute printed out the list of what you can take in hand luggage, before wondering if they%26#39;ll alter it all again in light of the events of the last few days!





I%26#39;m going to take my inhaler on board but will also take a copy of my prescription.




Hi my 7 year old also has three inhalers and I had his in his usual boot bag together with his volumatic and had no problems whatsoever using it as hand luggage!




hi santashelper, thats great help thanks. yeah we found last time he was much better but still don%26#39;t want to take chances you know how quickly an attack can happen.





micra1 we i looked at virgin and BA site they say a small amount can be taken through but friends were made to empty babies cup out just 2 wks ago. so maybe it%26#39;s up to how bothered security can be and if they%26#39;ve had a bad day?





twent knowing my luck i will be the one that they decide can%26#39;t take them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment