Saturday, April 21, 2012

Stupid Welcome Meetings

While I do not want to offend those people who are the ones who turn up at the welcome meetings to get their free meal I really must declare my amazement at their gullible attitudes.



It does not take just half an hour to get through these interminable throngs especially if they have conned you into buying from them and then you do the first of the many queues you will join in Orlando. You give up your first morning for no apparent gain whatsoever.



These con artists/ know nothings are not local and they will not tell you anything that will get you to an attraction cheaply or efficiently - unless they can sell it you. They either don%26#39;t know or won%26#39;t tell. They rely on you being a novice



I love this idea that they will help if there is a problem. Absolute balderdash - it will be their day off (movable feast) and you will have to use their mate in the next hotel who is useless. You will have to help yourself



Stupid Welcome Meetings


Absolutely true.



We tried to get the help of a Virgin rep during their welcome meeting, I was told to ';make it quick'; as i had jumped the queue of waiting customers.



This comment alone got my back up, so i wasn`t going any where until my problem was resolved. To say she was not happy is an understatement. She had lost numerous sales and were it not for the other holidaymakers present i dont think she would of made the effort that she did to resolve my issue.



I think the same can also be said for these so called fly drive deals. Sort your own car out and email the holiday company and tell them you dont want the hire car as you have sorted your own out for half the price.



Stupid Welcome Meetings


well said,,




Absoloutly correct Vegas...couldn%26#39;t have said it better myself.




Vegas, I would have gone to the welcome meting had I not asked you guys about it first! But the info on here has probably made me more of an expert on the parks than the reps already! (I dont go till next May!!!)





The only thing I was waiting for was for you to tell me what to do in the event of a hurricane?? So far I had worked out that I would bend over and kiss my a*@ goodbye!




Yes, they are stupid.



And no, they%26#39;re not very welcome.




Wellcome meetings are to be avoided at all cost. The reps know very little about the area and are only there to sell tickets to attractions that you can buy cheaper elsewhere.




On a trip a couple of years ago I booked a cheapie flight with thomson, I arranged the car hire and hotel myself, as I always do. on our first morning their ....at 7.30am !!! I got a phone call at the hotel asking if I was going to the welcome meeting.





Well... I won%26#39;t tell you my reply as the thread would probably get deleted.





Then it dawned on me.......... hey.... how did you know where i was staying ???





I am not sure came the answer





'; go away and leave me alone'; I replied. If I have a problem I will contact you ..





End of phone call !!





never ever go to one....unless you have a problem. as has been said before they just want to sell you overpriced tickets




we did have problems last year with a grotty hotel and the rep was great and we were moved the next morning so we know how important it is to keep contact in cases needed. although i will say that the welcome meetings are good if it%26#39;s your first time in orlando and useful to get phonecards etc. but you can find out more on this site if you ask the right questions. and you can buy the phonecards etc from your local travel agents. we will not be going to the welcome meeting this year butheading straight for the fun.







wendy27a


  • nail polish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment