Saturday, April 21, 2012

Country music fans in KW?

Hi I was just wondering if country music is popular in the Keys?



I have been a big fan for a number of years. Mostly all curent



artists such as Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood.



Of course there are a few classics such as George Jones,



Johnny Cash, Ronnie Milsap I will listen to once in awhile.



We were In KW in May. I don%26#39;t recall any bars playing



counrty music. Are there any particular bars that due play it?



Or maybe local artists that I can look into when we



come back next May for our 2nd time? Thanks :)



Country music fans in KW?


Here is a bar you should checkout. The even have a mechanical bull.





http://www.myspace.com/cowboybillskw



Country music fans in KW?


My wife and I love country music and had a really good time at Cowboy Bills. They had a band then one night we were there and they were awesome. The place is huge but you can%26#39;t tell from the street.




Kenny Chesney not too long ago played a free concert at Hogs Breath. The video is in this link.





http://www.hogsbreath.com/




Don%26#39;t forget the Bottle Cap! On Simonton St. A dive bar that was bought by a local restauranteur and remodeled into a very nice country music bar.




I know it was a dive but I miss the old Bottle Cap.




Sweet!



Thanks for the info! I love country music too and I%26#39;m sure everyone in my group will love the 3 hour happy hour! Cowboy Bill%26#39;s will definitely be on our list of bars to hit for our upcoming trip.





My dad%26#39;s name is Bill and the last time my husband and I went to KW, we picked up a t-shirt at Crabby Bill%26#39;s for him. My dad and his wife are joining us for this trip in August and he was a little bummed that he won%26#39;t be able to have a drink at Crabby Bill%26#39;s since it is no longer there.



He will be happy to know that even though he can%26#39;t be Crabby in KW anymore, he can at least be a Cowboy! :)







And my husband will be extactic about the $1 PBRs! :)




Thanks for the info guys! Arnie67 great video of Kenny!



I am actually flying down to Charlotte, NC to see him



in concert in August. The tristate area got rid of it%26#39;s only



country station about 3 years ago:( I had to subscribe to



sattelite radio so I can get my fix.




Also try the Hog%26#39;s Breath just off Duval. They almost always have one or more musicians playing C %26amp; W music.





Pjk




';We like both kinds of music, Country and Western.';





Too obscure? I hope not.




Uh, well, like, when we first come in the bar lady never charged us for the first round so like we figured you know beer was like complimentary for the band, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment