Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What is the best sunscreen that actually works?

Any advice we are in the water all the time and reapply very often and always burn w/50 even?



What is the best sunscreen that actually works?


we used the new Aveeno baby (they make it for adults too)while we were in PCB a few weeks ago, and my 8 month old didnt get a bit of sun, she is very fair and spent a good amount of time in the pool and ocean



What is the best sunscreen that actually works?


We just returned from PCB last week. I used Banana Boat Sport 50, the new spray on kind. It covered the body much more than the traditional lotion %26amp; was easier to rub in. I did use traditional lotion on our face though. I%26#39;m super fair %26amp; burn easily too so I only stayed out 1 hour max during the day %26amp; did not burn. While shopping for sunblock, I did see one brand that had spf 70. I believe it was called ozone %26amp; was made by Hawaiian Tropic. I did not buy it though. I%26#39;ve always heard than you%26#39;re wasting your money on anything above a 30 spf. Good Luck on not burning!!!




I%26#39;m a Bullfrog Gel fan. I%26#39;ve been using it for over 25 years. It seems to stick with me whether I%26#39;m water skiing or wakeboarding, or swimming in the pool or ocean. I normally spend about 8 hours per day at the pool on weekends and one application is all I use. I use the 36, but they have a 45 as well. Oh and the gel is great for guys with hair on their arms and legs. You don%26#39;t have to rub like crazy to work it in.




Bullfrog SPF 36. I have used this on my children for years and they do not get burned. My husband uses it too. My kids are in the water all the time and has great protection.




Thanks ya%26#39;ll,My whole family are dark complectioned and we stay in the ocean and burn up,so we will defently try these.




wear a t shirt....it helps




lisa



You can%26#39;t go wrong with Bullfrog. My family tans nicely and never burns. We put it on before we go out and they stay in the pool/ocean all day. I re-apply it once again a couple of hours later just to be on the safe side. They also make it in a Quik Stick spf 36 which can be applied to not only your lips but under the eyes, cheeks and nose. I put this on my kids on top of the regular Bullfrog in those areas for extra protection since they tend to turn pink from rubbing there eyes after being in the water.




Thanks again,We always end up wearing a tee shirt,but in the water they are heavy,so bullfrog sounds great and aveeno.




I have always found NoAd excellent, I buy it every time we go, it is cheap and non-greasy, we are both very fair skinned and have never been burned while using it.



(Have had big red faces when we forgot!!!)




Lisa, I%26#39;m so glad you started this thread. Does anyone have a recommendation for a sunscreen that is good for your face that doesn%26#39;t sting? All 3 of my daughters tan easily (get that from their Daddy) but their faces sting when put on sunscreen. Only thing I%26#39;ve found that helps is Avon%26#39;s After Sun Skin Care but I want something before. I think between the salt in the water, the cholrine in the pool and the sun, it just wears them out. Their shoulders, tummys, and backs are fine but their faces get it worse. I even make them wear sun visors or ball caps which all 3 hate but oh well.....I%26#39;m the mom and I say so! ;%26gt;)



Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment