Thursday, April 19, 2012

mosquitos?

How are the mosquitos in the parks at night? Do we need to pack insect repellant? Thanks. We%26#39;ll be arriving on Fri.

mosquitos?

The only park where I%26#39;ve see bad mosquito problems is Animal Kingdom, due to all the greenery and ';jungle'; like setting. Did an EMH evening there last year, and the bugs came out in force.

Might take some of the repellant wipes with you just in case, but usually the bugs aren%26#39;t too bad.

Most of the parks do spray for bugs, as do most communities, but if the rainfall picks up in the next few days with thunderstorms, you can bet the mosquitos will come calling soon after.

mosquitos?

THanks . Didn%26#39;t even know there were insect repellant wipes. Will pick some up before we leave.


If you can%26#39;t find them before you leave, once you reach Orlando, you can find the ';wipes'; in nearly every store around.


I have never had an issue with mosquitoes in Orlando. I also hate repellent .It clogs your pores stings your eyes etc.


I always get bitten in spite of the repellant I use.


i always get bitten, cos i am so sweet!

mosquito milk, you can buy it in the UK not sure about the US though, it is really good and actually smells alright, it is in a clear bottle and is a white liquid roll-on, so no choking on the fumes! try to get it, last one i bought was about 拢8.


the wipes are good because you can take them on the plane with you!

You will need repellent. Rain is picking up (thank god) and if there is no breeze (which is possible in orlando in june... very possible) Than the bugs will be worse.

Its florida... misquitos are everywhere... and if you are asking it leads me to believe that you get bites often enough to worry about it and im telling you in florida you will get more bites.

bring repellent or buy it. Off has a line of family friendly ones with a nice scent to them. its always better to buy it and use it and not worry, than wish you had it. I recommend the wipes for ease of use and coverage in the parks. Cutter makes a ';sample size'; one I picked up at walgreens for 99 cents. its a 10 hour one version and I recently used it at a concert... worked wonders and is about the same size a zippo lighter. even opens up like a lighter too so the cap stays attached. Perfect for doing a spray in the late afternoon at the parks.


Dont worry guys you wont get bitten coz the mossies are waitin for hubby to arrive!!!!!!


I got very badly bitten about five years ago while I was in Ibiza. I had to have penicillin injections as they were so bad. When I was telling a pharmacist friend of mine she suggested I take Vitamin B1 100mg for fourteen days before my trip and for my time away. It has to be this high dose or it won%26#39;t be any good. I%26#39;ve done this ever since and it works like a dream! The mozzies love my Lilly white skin but one buzz round me and they%26#39;re off!

I buy mine from Holland and Barratt and I think they around 拢4 for 100. He-who-must-be-fed has always bragged about not getting bitten, but he did last year in the Caribbean. Guess what, this year he%26#39;s taking the vitamin B1. 拢4 to protect two people for two weeks is quite a good deal, I think. I have no idea how it works, something about the smell of your blood, or something equally as horrible. Don%26#39;t care if it works though!

Deacoblue


I always used to get bitten too! When visiting a friend in Canada in 2003 I was advised to use Avon ';skin so soft '; moisturizer I have never been bitten since and was in Orlando in Mar/April this year.

  • look for valid discount
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment