Sunday, April 15, 2012

Is anyone familiar with this place?

I was browsing through the restaurants on the dinning section of Daytona Beach. I found a place called Captain Henry Morgan%26#39;s Port Royal Caribbean Restaurant and Oyster Bar. Wow that was a mouthful! Anyway, it wasn%26#39;t ranked, but since it had a website I checked it out and the place seems very nice. Has anyone eaten here? Prices aren%26#39;t listed so I%26#39;m not sure how expensive it is. Any information would be appreciated.



Is anyone familiar with this place?


I know this really won%26#39;t help you much but my husband and I just ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and it was SO GOOD. I don%26#39;t remember seeing those other restaurants you mentioned though. I just wanted to suggest Bubba Gump. Thanks!







Kat



Is anyone familiar with this place?


We haven%26#39;t eaten there. I know it is located in the Pirates Cove Hotel and the hotel is under renovation. I have seen signs about Happy Hours out front. One poster hangs out there I believe Maybe he%26#39;ll see this and be able to give you more info on the food.




i was in there last week but did not eat, i was going to the poolside bar. It looks very nice on the inside and has an awesome view of the ocean. Their menu is online at piratescovehotel.com under the dining section at it looks very appetizing.




sorry i forgot you said you read thier website.




The parking lot usually looks busy at Pirates Cove and I assume it is the restaurant, because the hotel has been under renovation for sometime and hasn%26#39;t had their pool open, etc.





My daughter-in-law when there last summer and liked it. She went with girlfriends and they ate and drank. They are in their 30s and they liked it. Quality of food, they didn%26#39;t say!




I was there over Memorial Day --- my husband got sucked in by the $4/doz oyster special...he was quite pleased and had a 2nd dozen..... I just LOOOOOVE oyster nights...



Anyways - they have a few cuban items on their menu - seemed reasonably priced -- I had a cuban appetizer, it was meat in a mashed potato ball that was fried....the place was busy, appeared to be a local type bar (everyone knew each other) so not the typical tourist town bar.



We liked it and will go back again...





Renata




we ate there a few times when we were there in April.



Part of the hotel is still under construction but if you go after 5ish it has stopped for the day. We ate mostly finger foods which were great. Wings, cheese fries etc. Our friends had a steak one nite and didn%26#39;t care for it. View is great, staff very friendly. They have happy hour downstairs that was always busy.




Thanks for the information. Not sure if it sounds like a place for families. Bar-type restaurants can be iffy when it comes to taking kids. Our group will have 3 kids from 11 - 15. Not real young, but still kids.




BTW, thanks for the info on Bubba Gumps. Actually, I went to the one in Monterey, CA and wasn%26#39;t all that impressed. Thought it seemed too touristy. I%26#39;m always willing, though, to give a place a second chance. Last time we were in Daytona Beach we past by Bubba Gumps and you could tell it was popular. Very crowded.





Also, what is the this I%26#39;ve seen mentioned called Cow Licks? I know it%26#39;s an ice cream place. Where is it located and what so special about it?





Thanks!




Just in Daytona for the first time in June-we walked into Capt. Henry%26#39;s and walked out- too touristy and looked kind of blah.



We really enjoyed Aunt Catfish on the River in Port Orange.



Another place we loved was Racing%26#39;s North Turn further south from Capt. Henry%26#39;s- you can eat outside with the beach behind you (beautiful!) and they have great seafood-also fun entertainment that is child friendly even though we had no kids with us this trip.



All the restaurants with nightly entertainment are family friendly.



Ponce Inlet restaurant was also nice for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment