Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Good News on My September Trip--Extra Days!!

Well, it appears I now get to add on three days to my Septmeber Orlando trip at the front end; a unexpected surprise.





Since we%26#39;ve already got our Disney reservations with the free dining package from Tuesday to Sunday, I%26#39;ve decided to stay up on I-Drive near Universal from Saturday to Tuesday (3 nights). This way, we can arrive on Saturuday, go to SeaWorld on Sunday, and then Universal on Monday before heading to Disney.





After carefully looking at choices and prices, and considering we%26#39;ll have really nice accomodations at Port Orleans Riverside at Disney, I%26#39;ve decide to go a litte less expensive on the I-Drive lodging.





We%26#39;ll be staying at the Rodeway International next to W%26amp;W and I got a rate of around $40-$42 per night + tax.





If I%26#39;m making a huge mistake with this choice, someone please let me know. I%26#39;ve never had the privledge to stay in the I-Drive area before.



Good News on My September Trip--Extra Days!!


Great news Kat!! You%26#39;ll have a wonderful time.



I also add one day more and will be staying 9 nights instead of 8, it feels wonderful!! (and I just add one day so we can have a pool day, I can only imagine what you%26#39;re feeling with 3!)



Good News on My September Trip--Extra Days!!


Hey Kat,



This is good news. I%26#39;ve never stayed on I-Drive so I can%26#39;t hellp yo with the Rodeway but for $40.00 a night you probably already know it won%26#39;t compare to the POR but hey extra days on vacation are a good thing! Have a great time and I look forward to your review when you return.




Is this the Rodeway Inn on International Drive (the actual address), or the one on Carrier Dr (the actual address)? They%26#39;re very close to each other, but the one with International Drive in the address has gotten better reviews, last I checked, including a reasonable one from AdvisorGirl, LE on the Miami board. Of course, you may have already checked those.





This is more of the ';tacky touristy'; section of I-Drive, though the west side does have a lot of trees. Just use basic common sense here; be aware of your surroundings, etc. Its a little farther north of your accomodations where some of the I-Drive incidents have happened. Of course, keep your door locked at night, if an outside door; that goes without saying.





All things being equal, if I were to stay on the busy part of I-Drive, I would want to stay north of the Convention Center and south of Sand Lake Rd., a little bit south of either of the Rodeway Inn%26#39;s. But of course the lodging is more upscale and expensive there, except for the Quality Inn close to Pointe Orlando, perhaps. Universal might be walkable from where you are, anyway.




Hey there Eddie and Healin,





Yes, this is the Rodeway location directly on I-Drive. Yes, I did read a whole slew of the reviews on the hotel and there%26#39;s several photos to see too. I was hoping this indeed may be close enough to walk to Universal, and we%26#39;re planning to take the trolley down to SeaWorld to save on some parking fees.





I know this place won%26#39;t come near to measuring up to P.O.R., but for $42/night and only staying 3 nights, I think we can manage it. It will make P.O.R. that much sweeter when we get there.




Sounds good. Visit Aki and Flippers at Carrier and Universal while there. Although it doesn%26#39;t look like you%26#39;ll have much time to do it.





What are your dates again?




Hey Kat- Personally, we stayed at the Rodeway inn for 1 night, and would not go back-some characters hanging around, we thought not a very good enviorment. the I drive area I thought was way too crazy and touristy-especially when your use to disney. But I guess if you%26#39;re heading there before disney, you%26#39;ll really appreciate your disney resort. Just please give it some thought-if you don%26#39;t mind the touristy/busy area, then you%26#39;ll be ok, we were just a little overwhelmed with it. I personally would never stay in the I drive strip, but other people really enjoy it-it%26#39;s your own personal choice of what you like. We don%26#39;t like pulling out of our parking lot, and taking half an hour to get on i-drive because of all the congestion. Maybe you could try a hotel near the Seaworld area, where it%26#39;s not so crazy.




Kat, it%26#39;s so great you can go for a few more days. I%26#39;m sure you saw the newest deal from Disney for July 29th - Sept 29th. Room rates at the Value Resorts starting at $59. You could stay at POP to test it out for your Dec. Trip. I know how much you like POR and I just worry that the Rodeway will be a much bigger let down then you might think. I know it%26#39;s just for a few nights and you%26#39;ll just use it as a %26#39;home base%26#39; but think about it, if you can get a Disney Resort for $17 more it might be worth the extra driving and parking for Seaworld and Universal.



Let us all know what you decide.




Hey Kat- I have to agree with the last post-you%26#39;ve always given such helpful advice on this sight, I really think you%26#39;re not going to be happy with Rodeway and the area it%26#39;s in-we checked in late at night, and there was so much going on, you would have thought it was the middle of the day-the idea of staying at a value resort is great-then disney can just transfer your bags to POR. The last few years, we%26#39;ve flown in on a Friday night and stayed at a ';cheapie'; hotel, then checked into our real resort on Sat-every year our ';cheapie'; hotel is getting nicer and nicer, Definetely think about a value resort at disney, stay away from Rodeway and the I Drive area.




If you need to keep costs down, but don%26#39;t care about exactly which hotel, you could try Priceline for a 2.5 star in LBV.





Or try PartyPa%26#39;s suggestion for POP @59. I too don%26#39;t think you%26#39;ll be very happy at the Rodeway, but only you know for sure.




Good morning Kat,



I just wanted to make sure that you saw our concerns today.

No comments:

Post a Comment