Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is simply amazing!

We honeymooned at Elizabeth Pointe Lodge on Amelia Island June 17--21, and it was WONDERFUL. I was so pleased because everything I had read on here about the B%26amp;B was true! :-) The staff was so accomodating, the breakfasts were out of this world, the facility was clean and comfortable, and it was very romantic. At night we slept with the windows open and ran the fans, and it was nice, cool, and the sound of the ocean was a lullaby! Each evening we made sure that we were there for cocktail hour and snacks, and we took walks on the beach early in the morning and late at night. Cookies and coffee (and lemonade) was always available, and I actually felt like I was staying with family and friends. I honestly can not say enough good things about the lodge. The owner sat down and talked with us at breakfast, and everyone staying there was super friendly. Lucky for us, we were there when another couple were celebrating their 53rd wedding anniversary, and the husband made sand drawings on the beach each morning.

Since this was the second marriage for both of us, we asked our best friends (matron of honor/best man) to go with us. I am always apprehensive when I am picking out a place for others to stay...always hoping it%26#39;s going to meet expectations. Well, Elizabeth Pointe Lodge did. They loved it, too. While we spent a little time in the room than they did (LOL), they sunned on the chair and under the umbrella furnished by the lodge.

I just wanted to post something else about the lodge. Like I said before, I LOVED IT, and it helped to make my honeymoon everything I dreamed it would be!

Marilou

Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is simply amazing!

Marilou, I am so happy you liked the Lodge, we have stayed there many times and have always had a great time. Did you like the little town of Fernandina? You should wrtie a review on Trip Advisor, these post get lost through the weeks but if you write a review it will always be there. Congrats on your marriage.

Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is simply amazing!

We really enjoyed Fernandina, too! In fact, we went there several times! The little shops were great, and we loved the Irish Pub--first time I%26#39;ve had a black and tan with apple cider! We hung around the marina there and took a sunset cruise on one of the party barges there. The guide was great (a former teacher, of course), and that%26#39;s where we found out about Cumberland Island--and we went there the next day. We also ate in downtown Fernandina--at the Frisky Mermaid and also another spot at the end of the main street--some sort of maritime-themed spot. My salad was awesome, and we had some great blue cheese chips. The town is lite up at night, and it%26#39;s really quaint and pretty. There were so many things that we didn%26#39;t do that we%26#39;re going back pretty soon! Oh, and we did eat at Sliders on Amelia Island--I think you had told me about that place. There fried shrimp and WONDERFUL...and FRESH. That%26#39;s really important to us! Thanks again for your help! What an awesome area!


Marilou, You are most welcome. I%26#39;m glad you liked Sliders, I think it is an awesome location but it doesnt always get such good reviews. Did you happen to see the Greyfield Inn on Cumberland? I have always wanted to stay there, it is pretty pricey but I understand it is well worth it. Your next visit you might try the 1735 House, we like it too and a little less expensive than Elizabeth Pointe. Yes, the Irish Pub is great, I love the Shepards Pie and the black and tans!! Did you get a chance to go to Fort Clinch? Thanks for letting us know that you liked the area.

  • bed set work for girl
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment