Thursday, April 19, 2012

disney transport frustration

Hey all:

Maybe I%26#39;m just reading the wrong reviews, but I keep reading about people%26#39;s frustration with Disney transport, especially from PO Riverside to the parks.

I am pretty sure I want to go to MK, MGM, and IoA. I know IoA will be a drive (I will have my own car but I just want to park it and let it be throughout my stay), but I want to be pretty central to MK and MGM. At this point I am seriously considering changing my reservation and going with another hotel- open to Disney and non-Disney resorts at between 120-200 USD per night.

Might there be any specific hotels that either have good taxi transport or are closer to the above parks? I obviously want a certain level of comfort but I also want convenience to MGM and MK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lana

disney transport frustration

I%26#39;m not sure who is giving negative reveiws about Disney Transportation but I for one have never had a problem with it. I go to Disney several times a year. I stay at Disney Resorts and I don%26#39;t rent a car. I stayed at POR last Sept and never waited more then 10 minutes for a Bus. Never waited more then 15 minutes for the Boat to DTD. Took the monorail many times from MK to The POLY, no wait those times. There are 165 busses running all day, all over the 47 square miles of Disney Property. I think it%26#39;s a very easy and reliable Transportation system.

I leave in 9 days for my next Holiday at Disney. I will be staying at POR again. If something has changed in the System I will Post on my return.

I think you will really like POR and shouldn%26#39;t have a problem with the Transportation.

disney transport frustration

I agree with the last post...We so Disney twice a year,and stayed everywhere from all star resorts to the Carribean beach resort %26amp; have never had a transportation problem. The buses are great!Especially when half your family want%26#39;s to go %26amp; half want to stay.And we have never waited more than 15 min. for a Disney bus ! Go and have a great time!!!


The only time of day when Disney bus transport can be a ';pain'; is at the end of the day when a park closes and everyone is leaving at the same time. Busses can get quite crowded at that point, but Disney does a good job of keeping several going to the same resort.

P.O. Riverside is a wonderful resort to stay at, so please don%26#39;t change your reservation just because of a few bad reports about busses. Disney transport is very good. To help you out, the busses seem to stop at the main bus stop near the main building first, before driving the perimeter road to the other remote stops around Riverside. Perhaps walking up to the main stop will help you board before others do.

If all else fails, simply walk over to the French Quarter resort next door and board a bus there, as the busses stop at F.Q. before coming to Riverside.


We stay at the POFQ because it%26#39;s absolutely beautiful, has a similar ambiance to the POR, but is smaller and therefore the transportation headaches tend to be smaller, too. We love the POFQ, and never even consider anywhere else.

To be honest, you have to look at the buses as just part of the entire Disney experience. They%26#39;re not that bad, compared to having to do it yourself. Our kids are always so excited to be going, they think the bus rides are just another ride! At the end of a long day they can be a little bit of a hassle, but you always survive it.


Thanks all. I always get a case of the ';second thoughts'; before going anywhere. By the way, your tips about walking to FQ and the main pick up at POR are great. I will remember those.


Since this is not a ';should I rent a car issue';you already have the remedy if Disney transport doesn%26#39;t suit you. And if you%26#39;re going at a busy time I betting that you at least should drive the car to IOA and MGM.


I%26#39;ve been reading in hotel reviews a lot of comments about the transportation and that it takes 40 minutes to get from one hotel to the park (these were on the Yacht Club reviews).

I am staying at the Yatch club in 10 days and was wondering why people are saying it takes 40 minutes to get to a park if you take the boat. It says that they have to stop at some hotels on the way, so I imagine that is what takes up the time.


The only transport problems I have ever encountered, is when we have stayed at the All Stars. Those resorts, being the least expensive, have huge crowds in general and therefor the bus ride can be a bit uncomfortable. I have had to stand, with kids in tow, folded stroller, bags, etc... but it%26#39;s a price you pay for the inexpensive accomodations. The Pop Century is a bit better as it does not share bus service with the others.

With that said, I have never experienced this problem at any of the other resorts. I would not change my reservation from POR, as you should not encounter such heavy crowds. Plus, the POR is a beautiful resort and worth the visit.


We just went in May and it was our first time staying on-site and using Disney transport. I was hesitant about it, too because of all the things I%26#39;d read. But we decided to try it out the first day. We loved it! We never had to wait too long for a bus, and it was so much more relaxing to not have to drive and deal with traffic and directions (especially after a 13 hour drive there!)

As others said, the largest crowds are at night when everyone leaves-they are huge and you think ';I%26#39;ll never get to the resort!';, but then three buses show up and you make one of them.


I disagree-I think Disney transportation is pretty awful. The buses go on circuitous routes,they are slow,overcrowded and generawlly pretty bad. If you stay in a Deluxe Resort,they are a little better and the monorail and boats are just fine. I would suggest staying off property and driving or staying at a Downtown Disney hotel which has it%26#39;s own transportation system and is close enough so you can also use the Disney buses from the Marketplace. Also try the Swan

and dolphin.Since they are not Disney hotels,the prices might be a little better.

  • no clue how to use it
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment