Sunday, April 15, 2012

Motion Sickness

My boyfriend suffers from motion sickness on roller coasters and I have been reasearching drugs for this. When we came off space mountain in paris he was green!





Does anyone know how well bonine, non-drowsy dramamine works or have any other advice?



Motion Sickness


star0186,





My wife uses the scopolomine patch when we go on cruises. Check with your doctor on that one.





Sometimes a sugarry soft drink like Coca Cola will settle the stomach after the ride.





CTR



Motion Sickness


Personally I would stick to FLAT sugary drinks (i.e. Gatorade/Powerade etc) - I don%26#39;t think gasy drinks on a delicate stomach are good... :-(





UCC




I have severe motion sickness and on this last trip I took along both Dramamine and Bonine. The less drowsy Dramamine worked better for me. I was able to ride in the middle seats in our van rather than in the front and that is something that never happens. I did not try many rides that would cause me to become ill because once it hits me I am done for the day. I have heard good things about the patches that the other poster mentioned so you may want to check into that. I also agree that Coca-Cola settles your stomach. I have used that many times and felt much better. Dr. Pepper is another soda that will settle your stomach.




HI Star - My SO has severe motion sickness. He starts the day before the parks with the Dramamine. As directed and then two at bedtime one in the morning and throughout the day as directed on the package.



He keeps on it and never feels bad, or dopey, or queesy, etc.



I saw lots of patches and have a friend that swears by them - so ask your pharacist or Dr. and go with what works best for you guys. It may be something that you have to try the weekend before to see if he gets dopey, or sleepy, (Snow White is creeping in here : )



Give it a try - holidays are to precious to spend feeling sick - or missing the rides!



Cheers,



CS




Thanks for all your advise.





He wouldn%26#39;t have it really bad say like whilst driving or anything. Just on rollercoasters.





It seems dramamine isnt really on sale here. Scopoderm patches are available by prescription only and we are going to alton towers in august so will try it then and see how it goes!




I suffer from mortion sickness and take Stugeron (able to buy at chemist). I took 2 each morning we were going to a theme park and was able to go on all rides (the only one that made me feel a bit `off` was Mission Space.





We are going again in 6 weeks and will be doing the same.





They do not make you sleepy.




Hi



Sturgeron is really good. I also suffer and went on Space Mountain in DLP, still scared but didn%26#39;t feel sick. Doctor recommended them as OK to drive after taking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment