Sunday, April 15, 2012

Favorite Key West/Caribbean Cookbooks

I%26#39;m an inveterate collector of cookbooks. Like my beloved late mother, I read them like novels. I have one Key West cookbook from a previous trip, but I%26#39;m sure I will want to pick up others on my upcoming trip.





What are your favorite Key West/Caribbean cookbooks?





Steve in Houston



Favorite Key West/Caribbean Cookbooks


i%26#39;ve run across some terrific vintage cookbooks on ebay.





just type in key west and then sub heading books





you%26#39;re right, family cookbooks are treasures





let me know how it goes



Favorite Key West/Caribbean Cookbooks


Its not completely Caribbean but I like Norman Van Aken%26#39;s Feast of Sunlight. It came out in the late 80%26#39;s (when he was the Chef at Louie%26#39;s) and is full of some wonderful recipes I still use to this day.




unbelievable!





there%26#39;s 6 or so copies of that cookbook on ebay as we speak





thanks for the tip arnie




Make sure it is the hard back. I see paperbacks ones but I am not sure what those are (reprint or updated book). The one I have is hard back and has him on the cover at what looks like Louie%26#39;s.




Keys Cuisine by Linda Gassenheimer and



Louie%26#39;s Backyard Cookbook by Jane and Michael Stern. Both are great reading as well as providing wonderful recipes!!




on another forum, keywestaxi shares loads of recipes.





he could write a cookbook !





you can find them and more at iokw.[ its only key west ]





have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment