Sunday, April 15, 2012

Looking for PCB alternative

I tried to come to PCB 2 summers ago but couldn%26#39;t talk my husband into it as we would becoming during spring break and bringing the kids...

So, I%26#39;m looking for suggestions on a nearby beach town that has a less ';spring break atmosphere'; but close enough to PCB that we can make short drives and still go to PCB during the day to eat and go to Shell Island, etc.

Thanks,

Looking for PCB alternative

the beaches of south walton(rosemary, grayton, seaside, seagrove, blue mountain, etc) may suit your needs

Looking for PCB alternative

Have you looked at Mexico beach? It takes me 30 or so minutes to get from the El Governor hotel to Angelo%26#39;s. Mexico Beach is less crowded and ';low Key'; but still close to PCB. Not much to do there though. Hope this helps............Patrick


The only time PCB is full of rowdy ';Spring Break kids'; is during ';Spring Break which is typically late Feb thru early-April. If you%26#39;re looking at going anytime in the next couple months, you%26#39;ll have a great time w/very little rowdiness.

COME ON DOWN!! :%26gt;)


Hi Jermainiac!

We came to PCB the last week of May/ First week of June and it was beautiful, warm weather with comfortable, but not cold nights. We had a little wildness Memorial Day weekend, but other than that,, the crowds were not bad at all. The previous week, from what I understand, was quite hot and very very quiet, crowd wise. I had a husband that was VERY reluctant to come to PCB after years at Hilton Head Island, but he liked it for the most part and I think he will want to return. You can also choose certain resorts that are more out of the way and therefore more quiet.

If he just won%26#39;t budge, however, I would go with some previous posters and suggest one of the beach towns along 30A. I particularly like Blue Mountain Beach. Get on vrbo and check out Adagio resort on Blue Mt. Beach; man, is it nice. A little too rich for my blood unless I go in the fall, but it%26#39;s gorgeous. You could certainly do Shell Island or go into PCB to eat with only a small time investment. I think the closest little beach town to the west of PCB would be Rosemary Beach. (maybe Carillon Beach?)

Have a wonderful time whatever you choose... hey, no matter where it is, you%26#39;re still on vacation! :-)


Gulf Shores Alabama is very pretty. I agree with Karen tho. Not any spring breaker but those ';spring break'; months. Then mostly families.

  • bacteria grows
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment