Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tours in WDW

I have been looking into taking one of the tours offered at Disney. I have read up on all of them at allears but I wanted to get some other opinions as to what you guys thought on tours that should be avoided at all costs or really interesting ones. I was leaning towards keys to the kingdom but am open to any suggestions.





Thanks!!



Tours in WDW


I haven%26#39;t done any of them personally, but I%26#39;ve heard good things about the Segway tours at Epcot and the Keys tour at Magic Kingdom.





A co-worker of mine who attended a company conference at the Y %26amp; B Club in May took the Keys tour and said it was really interesting and informative.





By the way, according to Disney cast members who give the tours, EPCOT really means, ';Every payday comes on Thursday.';



Tours in WDW


I have done a few of them now - keys to the kingdom, backstage magic, futureworld.. I would highly recommend any of them - before I went on my first I was told by everyone that it would ruin the magic. A bit like if you know how a magician does a trick you never enjoy it again but in the case of Disney its more a case that you can%26#39;t believe how hard they work to give everyone a good time.





If you want the complete experience then I recommend Backstage Magic - a whole day covering 3 parks and a load of the backstage locations you never even think about.




I%26#39;ve personally done ';Backstage Magic'; and ';Behind the Seeds';. Unfortunately, I did the ';Behind the Seeds'; tour while the Land pavilion was being renovated so it wasn%26#39;t very good. I hear others raving about it. It is inexpensive enough so I may try it again some day.





';Backstage Magic'; was very good. I was afraid that 7 hours might get a little boring but it held my attention all the way through.





My friends loved the Segway tour. My husband %26amp; son loved DiveQuest (you have to be a certified diver).





Be sure to ask about discounts - they generally have AAA, DVC, Annual Passholder, and Disney Visa Discounts. Sometimes they have a military discount. One discount might be better than the other at a particular time so check on any that you are eligible for.




Key%26#39;s was very good, could have done without the lunch. the parade queue area and the utilidor were the highlights. A real sleeper was Treasures of World Showcase. I was somewhat concerned about the boring factor but this was great fun with a very knowledgable guide. Ran about four hours all pretty much outside. Forget about Undiscovered Future World.




We just done the backstage magic tour last week and really enjoyed it!





It is expensive but worth it if you are a Disney fan to see behind the scenes, it was kind of weird using the utilidors under the park - never realised that the Magic Kingdom was built above this rather than the tunnels go underground!





We had lunch included which was just over an hour, we had to share the dishes between everyone on the table which was a bit awkward trying to cut up the tiny desserts!! I felt for the price we could have been fed better!





My only other negative comment was that they brought us out onto main street as part of the tour and said we get to watch the parade - we hadn%26#39;t yet seen it during out trip but as this was something we could have done by ourselves I would rather have had another 45 mins of something we don%26#39;t usually get to see.





Other than that we enjoyed seeing the Christmas room with all the decorations, the costume department was interesting, they don%26#39;t show you the character costumes but I did notice a Tigger tail hanging up! The time goes quickly as there is a lot to take in. I would recomend this tour if you%26#39;ve already done the parks as it is something a bit different.

No comments:

Post a Comment