Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Timeshare for Tickets???

It%26#39;s getting down to the wire for us, we leave on the 28th of this month and I%26#39;m trying to get everything ready now, because I hate to be rushing at the last minute. Wow, is it just me or has anyone just realized how expensive a Disney vacation can be. I purchased 4 of the 7 day passes for Universal and IOA for $85.99 pp. Even though we won%26#39;t be using all 7 days, this was much cheaper than going to both parks on different days and paying at the gates. We are also doing one day at MK and so far the total for all this is about $600.

So my question is does anyone know of a timeshare in Orlando that they have been to for discount tickets to MK? One that didn%26#39;t take all day and that the people were friendly and not to pushy. Just trying to save a liitle bit of money anywhere I can.

Timeshare for Tickets???

I checked on Travelocity and bought four-day passes to Disney and received two days free. I believe the price was around $211 per adult. I didn%26#39;t really plan to visit all four parks, but now we%26#39;ll hit Epcot and probably MK for a 2nd day to see what we miss on Day 1. Personally I would not waste any of my vacation time listening to a salesman. Hope this helps.

Timeshare for Tickets???

I strongly recommend that you DO NOT waste your valuable vacation time in any kind of timeshare presentation. There have been many instances where these so-called ';discount tickets'; turn out to be scams that are only out to fill up their pockets with tourist money. Despite being more expensive, the best and safest way to purchase your tickets is directly from the parks themselves. It may be much more expensive but thats the full price that everyone must pay to get in and its the industry average. You will get an official ticket and wont have to worry about dealing with pushy timeshare scams.


Thanks everyone for your responses, I guess that%26#39;s what having a great vacation is all about ';spending money';. That%26#39;s fine I guess our best bet is just paying at the gate. This is my 6 year olds first time to Disney World so his reaction to being there is priceless!


You definelty won%26#39;t have a problem finding a timeshare deal but it%26#39;s such a hassle I stop doing them for a cheap nice place to stay it takes up to much of your time because they say it%26#39;s only for 90 minutes and it be like 2-4 hours because they just can%26#39;t take no for an answer and if you can sit through it they will only give you 2 tickets anyway.


If you must do a timeshare presentation, then I would suggest either westgate or the palm%26#39;s. Apparently there is some business guidelines (if not law) that states that if you are going to a 90 min presentation then it must end in 90 min. When I went to Thrifty Car rental there was a guy there for Westgate who was explaining the new 90 min rule instituted by the orlando business beaureau. So said so done, exactly on the 90 min mark at westgate.

I always spend 2 to 3 weeks in orlando so I have time to take in a presentation. You may not be so lucky but if you still want to go to a presentation and save money, then either book for early morning or late evening. I went to one at 8pm once ad it wasn%26#39;t too bad. Didn%26#39;t affect my day at the parks and I got dinner.

Can%26#39;t do anything about the heavy sales pressure.

  • msdn
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment