Sunday, April 15, 2012

any experience with VRBO or Destin Beach Realty

I made a reservation at Silver Beach Towers through VRBO and their agent Destin Beach Realty. I of course gave them a security deposit which according to their confirmation will be held for 7-10 days after we leave before it%26#39;s refunded. Any damages or charges will be deducted.



Their written policy statement however says the deposit will be applied to our balance at the time we check in, as was the case last year when we dealt directly with ABEC Properties (the property Mgr).



It just bothers me a little to think I won%26#39;t be there to defend myself if they say we damaged the unit and keep our deposit.



Has anyone had experience with Destin Beach Realty. Will they deal fairly on something like this? Or should I be concerned?



any experience with VRBO or Destin Beach Realty


This thread is from a couple of years ago. I know them, but can%26#39;t recommend one way or the other.





tripadvisor.com/…935994



any experience with VRBO or Destin Beach Realty


Thanks for the reply Semco1 . I appreciate the info. I%26#39;ll wait a few days to see if I get any further response. I%26#39;ve had an ';uneasy feeling'; about this since I made the reservation and usually it%26#39;s best to follow those feelings.



Our reservation is not until October.





I%26#39;d sure appreciate other comments- good or bad.




I rented through VRBO/Destin Beach Realty in April. I had no problems with them at all. I had also been apprehensive about waiting for the security deposit, but I did receive the full amount back on my credit card within 10 days of checkout.





I guess it%26#39;s always a gamble dealing with agencies such as these, but my experience was very positive.




Thanks for the reply mom of 2nj. I feel a bit more secure with my reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment