Thursday, April 12, 2012

Villa Madeira

Has anyone stayed at the Villa Madiera? I have reservattions for the last week of September. Also, what is the weather usually like at that time? I know it%26#39;s hurricane seson.





Villa Madeira


Ask alot of questions and review your contract completely. I found the unit I rented: to smell like cigarettes, dirty, very outdated furnishings, the beds were old and sagging, sand on the dining room table, and THE A/C DIDN%26#39;T WORK. I packed up and went home at midnight on check in day. Also, there is no BBQ allowed on or around the property (found this out after we had bought food for grilling). I initially got a ';nothing we can do'; response when calling mgmt several times to complain about the shoddy accomodations but then we were offered the ';opportunity'; to reschedule but in the same unit. After writing a very detailed letter to the mgmt. company, the owner ok%26#39;d a full refund of my money. Unfortunately, the vacation we had planned for so long was already ruined so the refund was a bittersweet resolution. Don%26#39;t know if we%26#39;ll be able to go on vacation this year.



Keep in mind that units are individually owned so your experience may not be the same as ours. The weather is hot and humid and hurricanes are a hit and miss. Travel insurance is a good idea if you%26#39;re coming from out of town.



Villa Madeira


We just came back this week. The condo itself is wonderful, the pool, the tiki huts, the view. I have to say though we rented three units with our family and 2 were very nice, but ours was so run down and outdated and the furniture was from like leftover from someones basement. I tried to get my unit switched but had no luck. They are all individually owned and decorated, so it really depends on what unit you have rented. We were in 409 so hopefully that is not your unit. We had to eat out every night because the appliances were so bad I couldn%26#39;t even use them.



Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment