Sunday, April 15, 2012

To:Sunshine and Sand Re: Traffic noise at Destin West

I am curious about Destin West.





You said that on your recent trip you could hear traffic noise from your unit. Would you mind telling me which unit number you rented and it%26#39;s approximate location in the building? I was really hoping for the sound of the ocean, especially at night, do you think that closer to the end of the building that would be possible? The street doesn%26#39;t look that close in the photos I%26#39;ve seen so this puzzles me. Is a penthouse on the top floor? Were you in the gulf side building?





We%26#39;re hoping for a trip in October (6-13th) but it seems all of the gulf side units on the ends are booked by now. I was considering the units next to the end.





%26#39;m trying to decide if giving up an ocean front view elsewhere is worth the trade off to get the fun kid friendly activities at Destin West, although I%26#39;m sure I know how my 3 kids would vote!





Thanks for your informed opinion!



To:Sunshine and Sand Re: Traffic noise at Destin West


Also, I would happily consider advice from anyone else who has experience with the gulf side of Destin West as well.





I really would like to be able to see and hear the ocean if that is a possibility at this resort.





Thanks!



To:Sunshine and Sand Re: Traffic noise at Destin West


Our condo was on the sixth floor. It was penthouse #4 in the Gulfside Villas. I believe this is the newest part on the gulfside. It runs alongside the parking garage. The condo we rented was beautiful and spacious, but closer to the street. I believe there was one or two condos between us and the end of the building. You could see the gulf and the bay, but not close enough to see dolphins from the balcony. If you want to hear the waves (which I always do) I would suggest staying closer to the front. I could not find a map of the property, maybe if you called the property they could email you one. The penthouse was great, I would like to stay in #1. It has L shaped balconies because it is on the front corner of the villas building. The walk over to the bay side and the lazy river was a lot more convenient than I expected. We are definitely staying there again.




Thanks for your help S%26amp;S!





Destin West does look like a lot of fun. We%26#39;ll probably try to get a unit closer to the end and see how that works out. I%26#39;m trying to get a decision made this week so I am getting a little anxious! Too many choices!





Thanks again!




we have stayed at destin west 3 times. we always rent the units facing the ocean on the end. all you can hear is ocean and they are a lot more private balconies than those surrounding the pools. You need to stay in units ending in 01, 02, or 03 to have the best views. It is a fun place to stay. We stayed at azure last week and it really is more spacious and nicer.




Thanks mf1,





I had not read anywhere else that the units that end in 03 also had a great view. Do you know if that means that the 04 units are good as well?





Azure does look very nice, although I think my 3 kids will really love the lazy river at Destin West (hopefully Not more than the beach though!)





Thanks for adding your thoughts on Destin West.

No comments:

Post a Comment