Sunday, April 15, 2012

Driving in Orlando

Hi, usually use taxis on holiday as we drive so much at home and I4 %26amp; IDrive are like wacky races. Have driven in Canada before, but roads very quiet there. We were thinking of hiring a car this time for a few days to try it out. Can any regular drivers give their opinion as to whether driving everywhere is particularly dangerous and/or more stressful than the usual?



Driving in Orlando


Hi





I%26#39;ve always found driving in the US extremely easy and stress free. Wide straight roads, clear signage and parking spaces that fit the car.





Nope, it%26#39;s far better than driving in the UK everytime.



Driving in Orlando


Its easy to drive on US roads. they are bigger and well sign posted.



If you fly into Sanford there is 3 miles of quite road to get used to the new car. The 417 Green way while a road like I-4 has much less traffic on it and by the time you have got to the parks area you will feal like a local.



I -4 is usually busy but if you get into the second lane you wont have any problems with exit roads or the mad Harrys in the outer lanes. But once off this highway its like driving anywhere.



I have never been to Ireland so can make no comparison. but if you can drive and pass a test in Britain you can easily drive over there. cos very few will be formally trained to the standard you have had to achieve to get your licence.




Hi



Yes I agree, its much easier to drive in Orlando. I did alot of the driving last year and had no problems, the speed limits are much lower than the UK and lanes much wider. Just stick to the main roads as we did come across some dodgy areas, a few years back when we took a wrong turn. Certainly prefer the I4 to M25




Hi,



Get your self a sat nav and make it even easier.





Max




I would echo the previous posts. However please note that I drive is much busier than other tourist areas and gives a poor impression of the average road. Most roads are less busy and much wider.




I am from the UK but have lived in the US for a long time. Of all the places I drive in the US I think Orlando is one of the easiest. With all the traffic in the UK now, I think it is easier than the UK - particularly as you have an automatic car.





Obviously a lot depends on where you are in the area - but the roads around Disney are fine. A GPS does help a lot because it can be confusing when you are there for the first time. It gives you more confidence to know where you are!




We drive and find it very easy, with the exception of I-Drive. Getting to the parks is simple, there is a lot of signage and several ways to and from the same place.





WDW, I-4 (without traffic), and the LBV area is easy. We go often enough that we drive everywhere. I-Drive (around Universal) is the area that is problematic for me: just lots of traffic, hard to get in and out of places sometimes, esp. in rush hour. FWIW.




Have driven a few places in the US and found Orlando the easiest. A good tip is if collecting you car from the airport ask the guy at the exit ramp for a map, they will also tell you the quickest route to ID.




If you are flying to sanford as opposed to MCO I would advise going down the 417 instaed of I4 it is much quieter ( theirfore easier for a first timer)





I always use this route and find it just as quick as I4.





You will just need a few dollars change for the toll booths.





If you are flying to MCO ..It%26#39;s relatively easy to get anywhere.





I was nervous the first time I went ( it was the first time I had driven abroad) however within 5 minutes I was enjoying it ... much less stress free than driving in the uk.





When I go now, I actually look forward to driving over there.





I Drive is easy to drive on it just slows to a crawl at peak times

No comments:

Post a Comment