Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Things to do with my 60-something ma-in-law.

Next year will be the first time my mother-in-law will be coming with us. She%26#39;s had a hip replacement and although I know she%26#39;ll be up for doing a few parks, I don%26#39;t want it to be too much on her.



I%26#39;ve already got in mind to take her to see La Nouba, and maybe the Day Spa at the Florida Mall, I think she%26#39;ll like a bit of pampering.



But if anybody else has any other ideas, they%26#39;d be much appreciated by me.



Things to do with my 60-something ma-in-law.


RENT A SCOOTER!!! The parks have them.....USE them. We took my mother in law this past February (she is 57 with a bad knee) and the first day had to be miserable for her because she made us miserable. We insisted she get a motorized scooter the following days and it was wonderful. Check out allears.net on prices (I think it was around $35 for the day but well worth it) and policies.



Things to do with my 60-something ma-in-law.


Cirque Du soliel show is wonderful for all ages, Boma African buffet in Animal Kingdom lodge is great fun too. MGM is a great park for her because of all the shows.




Water skiing lessons.



%26#39;The Mummy%26#39; ride at Universal.



Victoria and Al%26#39;s restaurant.



Sweet Tomotoes



Marshall%26#39;s



SeaWorld



WetnWild.





We took my MIL last Feb and she enjoyed all of the above.




Lol...Vegas, thank you.



Not sure how much she%26#39;d appreciate that, but it%26#39;s given me some ideas for myself. I do love the Mummy ride but the que was horrendous last year.



Cindyr, thank you. Cirque Du Soliel (LaNouba) is already on the list, but thank you for the other ideas. AK is a good one.




Vegas, you forgot to say to tried and leave her here in the US like when you had your Mother-in-law here a few years ago.




PS. What%26#39;s Sweet Tomatoes?




She needs retail therapy, and at Mall at Millenia, not FL Mall. And try the day spa outside Millenia. And Cheesecake factory for lunch.





La Nouba would be good, and Epcot for a park. And taxis at night.




Don%26#39;t forget to take her up to the top floor to customer services in both Macy%26#39;s and Bloomies for her 11% off visitors card. Remind her to bring her passport. She%26#39;ll be very impressed with your preparation and insider knowledge ;-)





A




I recommend SeaWorld - the park only has 3 rides for adults and she%26#39;ll probably want to avoid those. The main attraction is the shows and they are very good.




When Shamu saw my MIL it wouldn%26#39;t come out because it was so scared

No comments:

Post a Comment