Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Any cheap Beach Front Hotels In Ft Walton/Destin area?

My family is looking for something beach front that is cheap. We are traveling in June with 2 families (7 people total). We have been looking for two rooms or a condo in the Ft Walton/ Destin/ Okaloosa Islands areas. We have 3 kids, 3 parents and a grandmom in the mix. Everthing seems soo expensive. Any suggestions would be GREAT! We have never been to the area before and are looking forward to it.



Thanks in advance



Any cheap Beach Front Hotels In Ft Walton/Destin area?


I don%26#39;t think you are going to find anything beach front that is ';cheap';.....



You might take a look at some condos: on www.vrbo.com.



Maybe you can find a 2 - 3 bdrm.



Good Luck!



Any cheap Beach Front Hotels In Ft Walton/Destin area?


It would be cheaper to rent a condo, than to get 2 hotel rooms. Plus there%26#39;s a full kitchen to cook in %26amp; that saves money.





I have a good friend that has stayed @ Gulf Dunes condominium. It has 2 gulf front buildings %26amp; 2 gulf front pools. The 2 bedrooms are nice size %26amp; some have 2 double beds in a room. Plus it has an extra bunk room for the kids. She said it%26#39;s a roomy 2 bedroom condo.





I would search for this condo on:





abbott-resorts.com - They are advertising 15% off on selected properties, with a 3 night stay or more.





Also search this website:





emeraldcoastrentals.com





I have rented from both of these companies %26amp; had good luck.




Thank you for the sites! They have helped a lot! Now to narrow this down and keep everyone I am traveling w/ happy, But it will be easier than I thought.




Does anyone know anything about the Surf Dweller Condos? It is a good price. We got info on that one and Southbay in Destin also.




Bumpysgirl, I%26#39;ve read that Surf Dweller has large rooms. The building is also gulf front. The balconies look huge from the pictures I%26#39;ve seen. If you like the looks of it %26amp; the price, I would stay there.





I would choose that over any place in Destin in June because it%26#39;s very crowded. Ft. Walton is not as crowded. If you want to go to Destin it%26#39;s only 10 minutes away.





Good Luck!






Thank you soo much Sandywhitebeaches!Ft Walton it is. I really appreciate all your advise and I will let you know how it is when we get back.



Again, THANK YOU!




I%26#39;ve been inside a Surf Dweller unit that a friend owns. Sandywhite is correct, a lot of square footage %26amp; long balconies with a lot of view!



(First floor views may not be as good, due to sand dune - but easy beach access!) And the exterior of the bldg just got a new paint job :-)



Hope you have a great time %26amp; I would agree that FWB is the place to stay!!!




Thanks Thinkin%26#39;vacation! We got a 2nd floor unit, so I hope the view is good. I hope we have fun and I will post how it was when we get back.



Again thank you both for all the great advise.




Regarding Surf Dweller is that managed by Brooks and Shorey? It looks like it might be? Please respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment